CHAPTER FOUR

I bolted up in bed to the attention of the strange sound that pierced my blissful morning sleep...I rubbed my eyes blearily and streched,then my eyes fell on the sleep intruder...I gripped the stupid alarm and flung it in my closet.

That done,I went to brush and wash my face then I padded downstairs,I could smell eggs and whatever else Mom was cooking and it smelt great!. I walked into the kitchen,Mom was there,humming "Whitney Houston's Look Upon Me"

I moved close to her and rested my head on the croon of her neck...I heard her chuckle...

"Come on,Azure...you're not that tired.."

"Oh!"I Yipped as I watched her add mushroom and cheese to the frying omelette...

"Man! I don't know I managed to raise a food basket"She complained and I quirked a brow at her...

"You're the one to talk"I said simply and she pinched me...
I backed away from her laughing hysterically.I love it when I get back at my mom like that...I moved to take one of the waffles lying in a saucer.I tossed it into my mouth and started to munch,I moved to the fridge and got a bottle of milk,I drank a cupful then I leaned on the table and burped loudly

Mom turned with a whiff and gave me the finger...I burst out in dramatic laughter as I moved to take a seat...

"Oh God,Mom!...."I choked out amid laughter

"I done told you...eating so early in the mood ain't too lady-like...and am repeating myself right now like you gon' listen or sum'n but you never do!"

"We're in America,Mom....not Canada"I teased her,eager to see her reaction

"So what!?"she turned and snapped at me "MY orders and instructions still hold,am I clear?"she paused and stared at me,unblinking then I realized she wanted me to reply

"Oh! Sure,Mom.You're the boooosssss"I drawled cheekily and she rolled her eyes,turning to serve out the food...

We ate in silence...we were halfway through when I cleared my throat and said"Mom,can we please have sea food for lunch?"I pleaded,giving her my best attempt at puppy eyes and wringling my hands.I know too well that she hates seafood but I love sea food with all of my life..

"Uhhhh..."she drawled,forcing a smile" you know I hate sea food so.." Then she mummured something that I didn't quite catch

"Mom,puh..lease!"I pleaded,intensifying my puppy eyes.

"Ok...ok"She sighed resignedly and my insides exploded in happiness..

"Thanks Mommy!"I squealed deliriously...

"But!"She cut me off"only on one condition,we're going out to get it...I won't have it delivered to the house"She said triumphantly

"In that case,I guess we can forget about having seafood...I'm not going out of this house and you know,Mom"I whispered audibly.
I was just so disappointed that my Mom was trying to get me outside the house...she knows how I feel about new environments.

"No,you want sea food...we'll get sea food"she said and I shot her a glare,she was smiling sweetly.

"No,thanks...am cool" I replied,pushing my chair backwards..I rose from the table..

"What's wrong?...finish your food"she gestured to my unfinished food

"I lost my appetite"I said simply and made for the door

"What is wrong,Azure?"

"Nothing!"I shot back,maybe a little too harshly "I'm fine!...I tell you that everyday but you just never believe me"