𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

He never got to confess his love.

Over the months, he stopped trying as hard to think about how he could do it and hoped that the emotions would just go away on its own. But they never did. And every time he thought about it, he fell quiet and awkward. Although, even though this love-virus had infected his mind, he tried his best to let it not get in the way of their beautiful friendship. Especially on the evenings that they would come together to just hang out. No plans, no ideas, they would just sit in a field and just chat to talk about what's going on in each other's lives and to catch up on their days.

The look that (Y/n) wore on their face was blissful. Their smile shone brighter than the sun that was beginning to set right in front of their silhouettes and their eyes complimented the violet-turning blanket above their heads. The sky was still a violent shade of orange and red, but the clouds were already starting to set over their head to darken the day to turn to night.

A few moments passed them by after their laughters had died down and the silence between them grew thicker. Not because it got awkward, but because (Y/n) just wanted a moment to glance at the beautiful view they were gifted in front of them. The sunset was like a present that took time to open, but once the gift of the navy night set before them, they knew that it was all worth it. Every time that they viewed the sunset on the days that them and George went out, something would always set off into their eyes. Like a million fireworks were going off into their soul.

Their legs were crossed and their body was arched in a way so that they could look up at the sun starting to disappear. The light reflected perfectly off of their eyes and their expression really helped to convey the way they thought of the view. Their smile was shining brightly to curve their lips in a soft arch. They had their elbows laid onto the grass so that they could think about what laid behind the beauty of the sun and the clouds. They really did enjoy the finer things that life had to offer them, and sunsets were definitely one of them.

George, on the other hand, was looking at another view. While (Y/n) was gazed up at the sky, George's eyes were fixed on (Y/n)'s grace and the pleasantry that their smile had radiated. He felt himself blushing under the soft breeze of the evening and even felt his palms grow clammy. His cheeks felt like they were growing as red as the sky that hung above their heads as the warm light washed over the two of them like a picturesque painting.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" (Y/n) hummed sweetly, blinking a few times to take in the darkness that started to surround them.

"Hm?" George snapped out of his gaze and immediately diverted his view over to the same landscape as (Y/n). "Yeah..." he uttered, sneaking another glance over in their direction. "Yeah, it's beautiful..." His eyes caught them still staring at the atmosphere through his peripheral vision.

George looked up at the sun, still thinking about (Y/n) and imaging their smile in his head. He had gotten completely distracted by them that he hadn't realised that the sun was already waving its final wave to the two of them. When he saw the giant star, all he thought about was (Y/n), his head was completely focussed on (Y/n)'s face as he blushed at the view of the set.

"You know, I actually used to watch the sunsets a lot." (Y/n) commented, chuckling and turning their head to look over in his direction.

"Yeah, you said you did with your ex-boyfriend." He murmured, turning his head to face them too.

"No, I meant like- In general." They tensed their shoulders, their nose scrunching as they smiled.

"You did?"

"Yeah! Me and my friend would always go to fields like these to watch the sunset and have little picnics." They tapped the surface of the grass lightly.