Chapter 9~ Doppelganger?

Harry's P.O.V

My ragged breathe was the only sound I could hear in my silent room. I laid motionless on my bed starring up at the ceiling processing all of my thoughts. I could listen in on Niall's feeding session with Elle anytime I wanted to but it made me uncomfortable, not to mention angry. When I thought about his lips on her neck it just made me...cringe. I don't really know why, it just does. There was a void in my heart, I felt unloved. I turned my body letting my face burry into my comforter before I let out a muffled groan. Seriously why did I care so much? I shouldn't care.

Not picked once was bad enough but twice, ouch. Arielle didn't even come upstairs to check on me or say goodnight. She really couldn't stand me. I don't mean to come off as perverted...and cheeky...and intimidating...and uhh lustful...oh and just plain scary. That's who I am, I say things on impulse. I don't think about my actions. I go with the flow and react with what I think is the right choice at that exact moment. I give into my body's needs. Maybe I should apologize for being a jerk when we first met yesterday? Wow, I only met this one girl yesterday and she doesn't seem to leave my thoughts even for a split second. I can't believe I even thought about apologizing I never say sorry, but this one time, I actually felt like I have too. Urgh what is wrong with me?

Suddenly a deep Irish accent echoed through my hears sending a boost of energy throughout my body. I bolted out of bed and rushed to Niall's room in an instant. All I needed to hear was his voice. It was a mixture of sadness and fear with a hint of guilt, you could hear the breaks and pauses in his voice as he was trying to suppress the urging sobs and tears that threatened to show themselves. I could determine that all from his one sentence, asking for my help. I stopped directly at his door just starring directly into his water filled blue eyes and that's when I realized something happened to Elle.

I left his gaze for a brief moment and looked down at his arms seeing a motionless Elle just laying there. I observed everything about her in seconds. The way her body didn't move a single muscle and looked lifeless, her skin a light shade of pale, her lips loss of the natural tinted rose color, the huge bloody bite mark on her neck, blood stains on her top, and a very slow breathing rate. It was times like this I really appreciated my keen sense of hearing, it told me she was still alive. "What the fuck happened?" I mumbled with a raging anger building up inside of me. How could Niall be so careless to let this happen!? He was one gulp away to sucking her dry and killing her. I ran over to him stripping Elle from his hands and holding her tightly in my arms as I raised her light body off the ground. She was so cold.

"I-was just drinking...and I-I lost c-control...I was so h-hungry, I didn't h-hear her whimpering..." Niall stuttered out between silent sobs. My green eyes widened to full capacity looking at the small Mullingar boy. "Niall, what the bloody hell is wrong with you?! You could have killed her, you're lucky she's even alive. How could you just lose control like that? Did you ever think that you might have been hurting her? For fucks sake Niall use your head!" I lashed out on my best friend, watching his eyes travel to the ground. Niall just stood silent, not answering any of the questions. I just shouted at him, so I didn't expected him to answer me. He knew he was at fault and those blue eyes just had so much guilt in them. I let out a long exhaled breathe and tried to calm down. I shouldn't put Niall down like that, he obviously knows what he did was wrong or else he wouldn't be crying at this very moment. The tears just streamed down his cheeks as he buried his face in his hands. His body looked like it was shivering. I instantly felt my own guilt rising up in my stomach, Niall is probably drowning in his own stress and I made it worse by screaming at him about this whole situation. A crying Niall Horan is a terrible sight to see, it's heartbreaking.

I hugged Elle's body tightly before placing her gently on Niall's bed. I took a seat next to him and wrapped my arm around his shoulder burying my face in the crook of his neck. "Listen Niall...everything's going to be alright. Elle will be fine, you didn't mean to do it. Just relax...breathe" I whispered against his skin, listening to his sobs slowly dying down. His arms found their way around my body, engulfing me in a 'horan hug.' The hug bought me a few seconds to think about what I could do to help Elle before the rest of the lads found out what had happened. I could just imagine Liam's wrath after how irresponsible Niall was. Then it all clicked in my head, vampire blood.