Chapter 10~ Liam's Past

Arielle's P.O.V

"Colton, what the heck is a doppelgänger?" I asked in a hushed tone of voice making sure I didn't wake Louis up. "It's your copy or double, or to put it in simpler terms, your twin without the need to be blood related. They are usually made to bring misfortune or evil" Colton said reading off of some paper that rested in- between his hands. To bring misfortune or evil? What did I do to deserve this? "Earth to Elle!" He shouted snapping me out of my trance. "What?" I whispered. "I think you should go to the Grill and investigate. Get to know this 'look-alike' of yours" he suggested ruffling his messy hair around. "Why would I want to encounter this person who is supposed to bring me misfortune?" I said utterly puzzled with this whole idea. "It's kind of cool to have a copy" Colton replied with a deep chuckle. "Not funny Colt!" I said a little too loud. Soon I heard twisting and turning above me and a raspy moan. "You see what you do! You woke up Lou" I whispered glaring at Colton through Skype. "Me!? That was you" he complained starring right back at me. "Urghh, got to go," I quickly rambled hanging up on the video call. "Elle?" Louis called looking down at me since I was sitting on the floor. "Yeah Louis?" I asked innocently. "What are you doing in my room?" he asked with a toothy grin. "Well...I don't really trust anyone else, and I'm scared of the other four lads. So um I wanted to stay in your room," I replied honestly looking down at my bear legs. Louis' deep blue eyes examined my appearance and I suddenly felt self conscious...again. "What happened to your clothes?" he asked hoping off his bed and walking over to his dresser. "Harry," was all I managed to say. It was embarrassing talking about why I only had a t-shirt on.

"Oh gosh no! Nothing happened he just thought body warmth was the best way to warm my freezing body and yeah that's what ha-happened" I stuttered realizing how Lou could misunderstand me if I just said Harry's name. "Calm down love, I understand. How are you feeling?" Louis asked relatively concerned with my well being. "Well...alright I guess. Just really scared and I don't know. I'm still upset with...Liam" I breathe out scrunching my eyebrows together in confusion to the context of the question.

"Why do I feel okay? Shouldn't I have a bite mark right here?" I asked Lou rubbing the soft unharmed skin on my neck. He just stood silent walking over to me and shoving a pile of clothes in front of my face. "Change, I'll be right back to answer your questions" he replied hurrying out of the room. I watched him leave the room in a hasty manner. I then let my gaze travel down to my lap where the clothes he handed me rested in perfect folds. It was a simple black t-shirt with a pair of gray sweatpants. I got up from the floor and wobbled over to the bathroom locking the door and swiftly pulling off Harry's Ramones shirt and yanking up the sweatpants. I needed to role them up three times because they were too big for me to fit in and the oversized shirt stopped about mid-thigh. The clothes were comfortable and I was thankful Louis made such a kind gesture. I unlocked the door walking back into Lou's room noticing he was sitting cross legged on the floor with his duvet wrapped loosely around his shoulders and two cups of boiling hot tea in his hand. I smiled brightly down at him taking the seat on his left as he handed me one of the two cups of tea. I wondered what flavored tea he had chosen. "Yorkshire" he almost immediately replied as if he read my mind. He took the duvet and wrapped it around my shoulders bringing me closer to his chest so I could cuddle into him. I took a sip from the tea instantly scrunching my face up to the burning sensation on my tongue. I should have know to wait a while before drinking it. Louis let out a groggy chuckle obviously amused by my lack of common sense.

"Harry fed you his blood" Louis suddenly blurted out cupping his hands tighter around his cup, like he was annoyed by the action. It took me a moment to piece together what he was talking about but he was referring back to my question before. "W-why" I asked starring down at the pool of liquid that was steaming into the air. "To save your life, and heal your wound" He replied again with a clench of his jaw. My life? I would have died? "You lost a lot of blood, but Niall didn't know. He wasn't in control, it was a compulsion please don't blame him" He added turning to me with concern flooding in his blue eyes. I took a breathe just keeping silent. I actually appreciated how Lou was so straightforward with these answers, he didn't beat around the bush but just laid out the cold hard truth. But I don't know if I can handle the truth. "Does that mean I'm going to turn into a vampire!? How could Harry do that to me!" I shouted coming to a slight realization. "No, no it's much more complicated than that. You must die with vampire blood in your system to turn. He did it to save your life," he replied nonchalantly. I rested my head on his firm shoulder trying to piece together a few words to reply to him but nothing escaped my mouth. The fact that I could have died and Harry still fed me his blood, I would have turned into one of them.