Chapter 3~ Vampires Exist..?

Arielle's P.O.V

My alarm echoed through my silent room. I flickered my eyes open and pulled my body out of bed to stop the annoying alarm noise. I walked into my closet throwing on a pair of skinny jeans, and a sweater that had the printed words 'Addicted To Love' written across. I tied my hair into a fish tail braid and slipped my feet into a pair of uggs. I loved autumn weather, and I would love it even more if my sister was home and I had a boyfriend to cuddle with but unfortunately I did not get what I want. I rushed into the bathroom to brush my teeth quickly. Morning breathe was my worst enemy and I didn't need anymore enemies. I walked down the stairs to the kitchen hoping to find my mom reading a cook book while making breakfast or something, but the house was empty. I figured she went to go visit Nicki like she did every morning, but she would usually wait till after I left for school. My stomach growled and I settled down with a bowl of cereal considering I didn't have much time to catch the bus in time to get to school. I stuffed my mouth with the cereal and dumped the bowl into the sink when I was finished. I threw my flower pattern backpack over one shoulder and grabbed the extra set of house keys that rested on the hook next to the front door. I walked outside coming in contact with a nice autumn breeze that carried sets of colorful leaves through the air. I smiled and quickly locked my front door. I made my way over to the bus stop and patiently waited to aboard. The bus ride was filled with laughs and giggles from other fellow classmates. I kept my distance since I was more of the exclusive loner type. I don't mean I have no friends but I don't nessissarly branch out to be friends with everyone.

I finally arrived at school and was greeted with two tight bear hugs from my two best friends, Audrey and Miley. Audrey had an auburn hair color with light hazel eyes and Miley was a dirty blonde with baby blue eyes. They were both extremely beautiful and down to earth. They were real unlike The Plastics of the school. "Hey Elle!!" Miley shouted letting go of the tight hug. "Hey guys" I said with a bright smile walking to my locker. "How's your neck?" Audrey asked with concern in her voice. "It's fine--wait how did you know I fell?" I asked grabbing my history textbook from my locker and starring at Audrey with wide eyes. "Colton told us and there is no way you have two holes in your neck from falling" Audrey replied putting two hands on her hips. "Colton thinks it's vampire bite.." Miley whispered into my ear with full belief. "Okay first I'm going to kill him and second are you guys going crazy vampires are mythical creatures that people dress up for during Halloween" I retorted slamming my locker shut. There was no way I was bitten by a vampire, there's no such thing...

"Elle there isn't any other explanation! Normally I wouldn't believe Colton, I mean just last week he thought one of the lacrosse players was a werewolf but I think he's right this time..." Audrey whispered making sure no one would overhear our conversation. "I have to get to class.." I breathed out walking away from them. I didn't mean for that to come out bitchy but their theory was just crazy. I took my seat in history and pulled my notebook out of my bag. Sadly, I sat next to the head Plastic of the school and she always had something to say to me every morning. "Where did you get the ugly sweater, at the Children's Place?" she commented with a snobby laugh. I just tried ignoring her comments each day but sometimes they stung.

During the next 5 periods I zoned out the teacher's voices thinking of the possibility of vampires existing. It just seemed so unrealistic but nothing was impossible right? I was in and out of consciousness until the 6th period bell rang. I woke up from my dreamy daze and made my way to the cafeteria making eye contact with Colton. He got up and started walking toward me bringing me into the quiet hallway once again. "Why did you tell Miley and Audrey about my neck!" I asked crossing my arms over my chest. "Because I knew they would believe me this time" he replied leaning on the lockers. "Your all going crazy if you ask me," I said with a slight pout of my lips. "Elle look at the facts," Colton stated pulling out a book from his back pack and flipping to a certain page he bookmarked. I raised and eyebrow and took a look at the page. It showed a picture of a neck with the same two holes I had on my own neck. "It says vampires have the power to compel their victims into not remembering they bit them. Sound familiar Elle?" he asked tilting my neck and holding the picture right next to the wound. "Yup, exact match..." Colton added. I bit my lower lip but then refrained since my bottom lip was still sore. For once, Colton actually might have had a point. I believed him, I mean the information and facts were right in front of my eyes, but the question was who bit me.

Before I could agree with him I heard the piercing scream of one of the Plastics running through the hallway. "One Direction contest in the area! And they're picking one lucky winner tonight!" the fake tanned blonde shouted meeting up with her friend by her locker. A wide smile crept onto my lips as I scrambled in my back pack to find my iPhone. I quickly went to one direction's website and entered the contest hoping I would get chosen so I could help my sister out. Colton just starred at me wide eyed, wondering why I was in such a rush. "I never knew you liked One Direction Elle?" he said looking surprised. "I don't really know about them,I'm just doing this for Nicki but I probably won't even win. Come on let's go eat some lunch and you can fill me in on this vampire business" I said with a smile putting my iPhone back into my bag. Colton's eyes lit up like a little boy on Christmas morning. "Okay but first I have something for you" he said with a smirk looking directly into my eyes. I put on my confused face as he reached into his back pocket and pulled out an old silver locket necklace. "What's this for?" I asked in complete awe. "Uhh early birthday present? Just promise you'll never take it off," he simply replied tying it around my neck. "Sure I promise" I said holding the necklace in between my fingers. "Alright good, now come on I'm starving!" he complained holding onto his vampire book tightly. I rolled my eyes and followed him back into the cafeteria for a 45 minute period of straight vampire talk and I thought One Direction 101 was bad.

Harry's P.O.V

I walked out of my room wearing my Calvin Klein boxers not attempting to actually put on any clothes. I didn't feel the need to since today was my day off. I crashed onto the couch and felt a sudden craving of human blood. Not just any human, I was craving Arielle's sweet blood. It was different from other girls, who had bitter blood with a tangy after taste. Hers was different, it was rich and pure with a sweet long lasting, lingering taste. My thoughts were interrupted with a knock at the door.

"Hazza, can I come in?" Louis called from the other side of my room door. "Yeah Lou" I called out sitting in an upright position to fix my bed hair. The young Doncaster boy held an iPad in his hand and looked sleep deprived. I patted the seat on the couch next to me and he gladly took the seat. "What's up Lou?" I asked a little worried with my best friend. "Oh I was just helping Paul with the contest, I figured it would get done faster. I have a few of the girls that entered here on the iPad. Paul said you can pick since it was your bright idea," he said with a small yawn resting his head on my shoulder while handing me the apple device. I looked through a list of different names clicking on them to see what the girl looked like but none caught my eye until a familiar name came into sight. A cheeky smirk played across my lips as Arielle Winston appeared on the list.

"Find anyone?" Louis asked looking up at me, starring at my dumb smirk. "Oh yeah, i found our girl. Round up the lads. Let's pay a quick visit to our little winner," I replied handing him back the iPad. I knew i would see her again, it was only a matter of time.