Chapter 12~ Two-Face

Elizabeth's P.O.V

"Go to hell," I hissed to Landon's request for a hard liquor. His stolid stare was intimating but we were in public, he wouldn't try anything...would he? "I wouldn't talk to me like that, love. Unless you want to watch me rip your pretty little heart out of your body " he threatened keeping his eye contact locked onto mine. I scrunched my eyebrows together in anger contemplating if he was bluffing with that threat. "You can't kill me just yet, you still need me don't you?" I commented in a hushed tone glaring into his ice cold blue eyes. "But of course. I still need you to take care of a few little minor details, but that doesn't mean I can't torture you, draining you from your blood to a point where your hunger is an agonizing pain physically and emotionally," he replied getting up from the bar stool and walking over to the hallway where the bathrooms where located. I clenched my fists tightly together trying to control the trembling of my fingers. I was so scared of him in this moment but I wouldn't dare show him fear. Even with my humanity shut off to block out emotions the involuntary need to flee was pestering my movements.

It was probably not the best idea to follow him into the hallway since it was excluded from the site of costumers but I wanted to know the roots of his plan. "That wasn't apart of the deal. You said I find the girl and then I could be free from you. That I could finally have that freedom I dreamed of. Do you realize how long I have been trapped in this fucking town?" I demanded in a firm tone of voice spotting the tall muscular body near the ladies restroom. "Now Elizabeth, you know I don't play well with the rules" his deep British accent teased with a flutter of his long eyelashes. His voice echoed in my mind laughing at my ignorance to notice this deal was a joke. "Oh and weren't you supposed to contact me as to when you spotted my doppelgänger?" Landon added with a sudden anger laced with his words. "I was going too.." I mumbled feeling defeated. I can't believe I actually trusted that I would get my escape from this simple task of waiting around for my copy. Nothing was ever that easy with Landon and I should have known that.

"Were you really? Mmmh doubt it" he purred licking the bottom corner of his lip. "I was! And you know I'm compelled to tell you anyway" I spat back at him rolling my eyes. "I would watch your attitude," he scolded crossing his arms on his chest. "No! You just keep rubbing in my face how powerless I am against you. You show up out of nowhere and think you can push me around!" I shouted with a flourish of my arms. At this point a young girl quickly scurried out of the bathroom with a frightened completion to her face but I didn't care. "Well you are powerless, Elizabeth. I was just having some good clean fun with you, considering the circumstances that you are doomed to serve me. Your freedom will come down along the line as soon as your assistance is not needed" Landon nonchalantly stated not phased by the sudden raise of my voice. He held onto my wrist firmly, twisting it backward to the point of it snapping. I heard the snap of my bone and let out a scream to only be muffled with his large hand cupping my mouth. "It will heal..but let that teach you a lesson to try and defy me" he whispered into my ear holding me tightly to his chest. The few people that took a trip to the restroom must have just figured we were a young couple in love talking in private by the bathroom's, it wasn't the most romantic factor but it was certainly a clever cover up to our argument.

I stood inert as Landon backed away into his previous stance. I clutched my broken wrist waiting for my bone to contract and heal in only a way a vampire could. I had the luxury of waiting just a few seconds to heal a simple wound, while a normal human would need to rest the limp in a cast for four or five weeks. My breathe was heavier than before as I whimpered fighting back tears. I wasn't classified as a weak person, it just wasn't my label. Every human from the 1860s that I turned would know that.

"What do you want..." I finally asked just wanting to understand the plot of him returning to the town of Mystic Falls just for this doppelgänger. How did he find out this girl would grow up here? So many questions left unanswered by Landon's mysterious, secretive composure. I knew that supernatural events have been famous in this town, the town Council keeping under wraps what they actually discussed behind locked doors. But how did Landon know about my copy in the first place?