Chapter 29: Lockdown shenanigans

Depuis le début

Sveta: ... Is stew a soup?...

She muttered rubbing her chin with knife still in hand, in which her face and eyes reflected, not so long after that face holding a proud smirk.

Sveta: Imma do rabbit and veggie stew!

·····

R1s reloaded her rifle as the empty mag fell to the ground, the targets around the shooting range punctured with bullet holes, most of them hitting their mark yet it didn't feel right to her, she failed some which was already a big difference to her performance before joining Nikolay. Her hands went a bit limp just lowering down the assault rifle in her hands as her eyes stared at the closest target, with several misses that failed to hit its mark correctly, most of them in a real combat situation would have hit the shoulder and sides of the combatant even though she aimed for the heart and stomach.

R1s: ... *Gritting her teeth*

"Calibrating complete: Overall 79% accuracy"

She quickly pulled her weapon up again and slammed the button beside her to re-start the circuit, all targets dropped to the ground and started moving around from left to right, up and down from cover. Inhaling sharply her eyes bounced around with her sights setting down on the moving targets, shooting two bullets into the wooden cut-outs as they popped out instantly made them drop down and stop moving letting her set her aim into another one, it was just 27 seconds before they were all downed, the timer on the wall stopping to count and displaying her numbers "00:00:27:34".

She once again lowered her weapon and calibrated her accuracy after pressing the button one more time to pull the targets up once more to get a look at them, seconds after she angrily pulled out the empty mag and threw it into the tables in front of her.

"Calibrating complete: Overall 80% accuracy"

R1s: How can sounds affect my accuracy?!

She was feeling frustrated, really frustrated, if her over-all accuracy dropped a stunning 12% just from sounds alone what would happen if she gets hallucinations on the battlefield again?

Breathing heavily she left her rifle on top of the table and pressed the smaller button below the previously pressed one, this one simply pulled every target back to its original position and stoped the entire circuit. The doll silently looked at them, not understanding at all her bad score, even though it was easy to notice, her hands shivered lightly from the sounds she was experiencing, every bullet she heard echo from her past put tension into her body and every loud sound activated her fight or fly response throughout her body, yet her mind remained calmed almost as if her emotions, brain, and body were three separate things working alone.

The door into the range opened making the doll inside turn her head around to get a look at who just entered. Her eyes settling on one of her sisters making them go dull from the frustration they displayed before, staring blankly at the other doll.

R3: Finally found you...

R1s: What's the matter R3?

Said the sister turning around and grabbing her gun and pulling the bolt back to eject the remaining bullet if there was any at all. R3 followed R1s with her eyes but quickly distracted herself by the amazing amount of caskets on the floor almost as if someone was using a machinegun in here not an assault rifle. R3's eyes then settled on the targets punctured with bullet holes to the point they looked like sponges, one of them even hanging to its head by a small portion of wood left, just a strong wind would blow that off and leave the target decapitated.