XIV

The ticking did not stop.

And neither did Taehyung's accelerating fleets of anger.

He had gotten worse.

He was too irritable, and strived for nothing but Jimin's remembrance.

Which Jimin...

Did remember.

Or he believed so at least.

"Tell me, what do you know Jimin!?" Taehyung frantically sat in front of Jimin with open eyes to stare horrendously at him.

"Jin. That is all." Jimin shrugged.

"No fucking shit, what about him!?"

Jimin needed to give a viable answer.

At the very fucking least, it is what Taehgung now deserved.

"I don't know if it is just a memory, or just an illusion. I cannot pick between the two anym-"

"Just answer my fucking question Jimin."

Jimin fiddled with his fingers.

What if he was wrong and ended up vexing Taehyung even more.

Taehyung would hurt him.

"He um. Has a disease. Bloodlust is it? Vampirism? I don't know the name. I just know that he strives for picking from a heart to consume it. That might just be something I came up with though, based on my experiences with hi-"

"Yes! Yes Jimin! Tell me more!" Taehyung stood, the tea cup shattering at the floor.

Taehyung paid no mind to it. It was empty anyhow.

No tea.

"That is all. I just do not understand what he meant about... Taking yours again? Him being the first to go and you the last? What does that mean Taehyung." Jimin would have pleaded.

If it was worth it.

"Hush, you will remember more. Does the inflicting of pain upon us help you remember!? If so-" Taehyung pulled a knife from a rack.

"Wha- Wait no, that is not what I was implying Taehyung-" Jimin stepped away, the chair falling behind him.

He stilled at Taehyung dragging his hand onto the counter to point the knife at his fingers.

"Believe me Jimin, it doesn't hurt anymore." Taehyung could no longer provide a stretch of trauma for Jimin anymore.

But that was just Jimin's misperception.

Taehyung took the knife beneath the skin of his fingers, dragging the blade upwards to pull the skin from the bone.

Jimin shook his head, wanting to pull at the hand that held the anguish of the weapon.

But for all Jimin knew, he would make it worse.

"Taehyung! Are you fucking mad!?"

Taehyung looked up, the pool of blood charming the fingers in which it came from.

He smiled.

Jimin knew he never liked the intent of his smiling.

"Yes. It's in my name Jimin. You'd know if you fucking remembered!" And with that, Taehyung pulled at the knife to take it to his face.

He carved that exact word, 'Mad' across his cheek.

"Beautiful! Would you look at me Jimin!"

Jimin did not want to look.

It was not beautiful.

Jimin loathed the concern of it.

"Look at me Jimin! You're fucking doing this to me!" Taehyung threw his arms down to holler at Jimin who shuddered.

To be realistic, Taehyung was doing this to himself.

Jimin was just the cause.

"I did not do this Taehyung. You're making a mess-" Jimin looked down at the blood spilling from Taehyung's cheek and hand.

It was a dreadful mess.

Taehyung walked through the spill of blood to drag himself closer to Jimin.

"You fucking made me Jimin! You did this to me!" Taehyung dropped the knife. He covered his eyes, collapsing to the floor onto his knees.

He cried, the blood pasted along his face the more he dragged his hand over the tears that fell.

There was the swing between his personalities.

Jimin knew that Taehyung hated it.

"I don't want to be mad. I want to be sane. But you Park Jimin, you-"

"Taehyung. I swore that I would remember. I don't know what I did, but please stop. I cannot fucking do this Taehyung. I need the sanity just as much as you." Jimin finally found himself able to pull Taehyung's hand away.

He peered at the blood.

Jimin enjoyed seeing it.

Taehyung's blood on his hands.

He was appalled at the loss of reasoning as to why he adored the idea so much.

"Sanity cannot be cured." Taehyung sneered up at Jimin, gripping back at his wrist.

Jimin winced, looking back down just as forbidding as Taehyung had.

"Then do not beg for it." Jimin let go.

And for once,

He left Taehyung alone.

xxx

Jungkook's clock was there. In Hoseok's hand.

Forbid if Hoseok had to lose him again.

He had already seen it with the other five.

Six. Jimin too.

"Where is he Yoongi." Hoseok picked at a pawn. He wondered. It was all that he had been able to do.

Wonder.

"I haven't got a clue Hoseok." Yoongi stood behind him. His hands were folded, the blow of his aroma allowing Hoseok to close his eyes to rest temporarily.

"Well we need to find him." He sighed, laying back onto Yoongi's arm.

"Hoseok, he will find his way to his clock. Just keep it out where he can... Hear it." Yoongi rubbed back through Hoseok's hair.

Yoongi was always good with finding a direction.

Whether it be this way, or that way.

Or possibly both ways.

"And what if the time bounds him!?" Hoseok was relentlessly stuck on retorts, doubting the hope given to him.

"It won't, Hoseok listen. Your anxiety is building at your fears. If you allow that, your gore wi-"

"Please, I know."

Hoseok did know. He didn't need reminding.

He needed the peace.

"Then what will appease you." Yoongi caressed at Hoseok shoulder. It was well provided that Hoseok wouldn't want to be enlightened.

It would not work.

But Yoongi wanted a serene environment.

"Chess. Play a game with me. Like we always use to."

"Of course Hoseok. Like we use to."