17. the supposed plan

"I have a plan, what about we try to take Mingyu away from the palace, and then Seungkwan and I could stake out here. To try to have a chance at catching the robber." Wonwoo formulated the plan as Seungkwan agreed.

"But where am I going to go?" Mingyu tilted his head, "Don't I need my bodyguard?" He crossed his arms as Wonwoo stared.

"Fine, I'll go with Joshua. Boo, go protect your bratty prince." Wonwoo gestured towards Mingyu as he had a pile of clothes in his hands. "We're going to change so we can't be identified while on the job." Wonwoo gave Joshua the clothes as the trainer grinned.

"Thank you, Wonwoo of the Fire Nation." Joshua bowed as he left to put the spare clothes on. "Hey, Shua?" Wonwoo turned around before going to get changed in the new sleek outfit, "You look polite, by the way."

"Thanks, you too, Prince of the Fire Nation." Joshua's arms were crossed as he leaned on the wall with the change of clothes in his arms with a smile.

Wonwoo just awkwardly nodded and spun around, going to change in the bathroom close by. Once he got inside of the washroom, he shut the door and locked it. Leaning on the wall as he face palmed himself.

"'You look polite' is the best compliment you can come up with? Jeon Wonwoo, you sure are the worst." He talked to himself as he kept his hands covering his face in embarrassment.

"'Thanks, you too' is your only response? Joshua Hong, you are the worst." Joshua muttered to himself with a smile that didn't seem to leave his face as he was going to change in the other wash room available.

"Can you believe the audacity of that guy? He called me bratty!" Mingyu huffed and whined to Seungkwan as the other ruffled his hair. Which that the prince whined again. "Gyu, he can be a little harsh sometimes, but we need him to see who stole your stuff."

"Seungkwan you're siding with him?" Mingyu frowned as Seungkwan crossed his arms across his chest and stared at the prince. "There are no sides."

"Fine." Mingyu inhaled and exhaled, "So we just go? Anywhere? How about we go to the café?" Seungkwan nodded, "That's a good idea, I haven't talked with Chan and Vernon in a while."

Mingyu nodded as he cautiously wrapped his hand around Seungkwan's, the younger accepting it as Mingyu smiled even wider. "You know I like you right?" Mingyu murmured as Seungkwan was distracted by something, or two people.

"Okay, ready guys? Let's go!" Wonwoo did finger guns as Joshua tagged along with the Fire Prince and Seungkwan turned back to Mingyu. "What'd you say again? You like?"

"I like shoes! That's it." Mingyu made an excuse as his cheeks were reddening. He held Seungkwan's hand gently and led him to the carriage. "Let's start this mission."

Mingyu helped Seungkwan up onto the carriage as Seungkwan's foot caught onto the step of the carriage and he tripped. Fortunately, falling on top of Mingyu's chest, the workers closed the door as the two were left with each other.

"Uhh." Mingyu's face was prominently red, especially since it was still day time. The light was heavenly blissful but also a curse since it just made Seungkwan more ethereal and god sent. The younger looked up as he realized what position they were in and yelped, sitting back up. Covering his face in embarrassment as Mingyu tried to peel his hands from his face.

"It's okay Kwan, don't be embarrassed." He cupped Seungkwan's cheeks as he smiled softly "You're cute like this" Mingyu kissed Seungkwan's nose.

"No it's so.. inappropriate." Seungkwan blushed as the carriage continued. The roads being bumpy as Seungkwan squeezed onto Mingyu's shoulder. "I need to wash my face."

"Me too" Mingyu mumbled as Seungkwan smirked, he knew Mingyu was distracted as he started to bend water from his pouch.

Splash!

Mingyu's eyes snapped open and closed as he rubbed his eyes. "Hey! You!" Mingyu blinked multiple times as he turned to his bodyguard. "Why'd you do that Seungkwan?" He pouted like a lost dog as the younger laughed, covering his mouth with his hand.

"You look" Seungkwan was breathing on for air "so cute!" He cooed as he squished Mingyu's cheeks and paused at the older's lips.

Mingyu's wide eyes just darted between Seungkwan's eyes and his lips. "Can I—" Mingyu's lips were entrapped with Seungkwan's as the other connected their lips. Mingyu gently placing his large hand on the younger's warm cheek.

"Royal Prince—er King?" The carriage worker announced right before the door opened.

There were crickets as the worker stared, "Well, c'mon. What are you two doing here sitting silently?" The worker closed the door again and headed back to the horse.

Mingyu and Seungkwan were sitting across from each other with their hands in their laps. "Let's go" Seungkwan commanded as Mingyu tailed along as he walked to the café.

"Hey Seungcheol!" Mingyu greeted his friend with a pat on his shoulder as Seungcheol seeme nervous. Tapping his fingers together and biting his lip as Mingyu raised a brow.

"What's wrong? Why isn't that short barista there? The one you like?" Mingyu questioned as he took a seat on the stool next to the older's.

"His name is Jihoon! And, and, he's-at-the-palace!" Seungcheol said the last part so quickly that Mingyu tilted his head in confusion.

"Why would he be at the palace?" Seungkwan tilted his head along with the prince. "Doesn't he just work until you come and pick him up? Why isn't he still here?" Seungkwan questioned as Mingyu nodded along, thinking of Seungkwan's words.

"Mingyu! Seungkwan! Mingyu-er Prince!" A vocie called out to the café as Seungkwan spun around. "Joshua!" Seungkwan went to give a light hug to the trainer as the other looked distressed.

"Help! Trouble, Wonwoo has them right now but not for long!" Joshua held Seungkwan's shoulders and grabbed his arm, dragging him along.

"Hey! Shua? Don't forget me!" Mingyu whined and ran after the two, earthbending after them as Joshua stopped. "Oh. I forgot you are the King of the Earth Kingdom. Heh." Joshua looks back as Mingyu rolled his eyes with a  smile.

He lifted the three of them with the ground, quickly bending the ground to get to the castle efficiently. Mingyu paused as he panted, bending over as Joshua continued running to where Wonwoo was.

"C'mon! Look!" Seungkwan looked after Joshua as Mingyu caught up with the others.

"Let me go! You rotten—"

Seungkwan gasped as he squinted to see if he was seeing things.

"Chan?"