19. alley

"You two!" Joshua yelled from getting off of the carriage and running to the pair. "I found—I found something in the alley!"

"What?" Seungkwan tilted his head as Joshua grabbed his as Mingyu was strung along with. They dashed past the crowd of people and pst the shops as Seungcheol was yelling, "Mingyu! Wait!"

"What did you find Joshua?" Seungkwan firmly asked, Seungcheol put in him a terrible mood to start with.

"I found Jihoon."

"What?!" Seungkwan shouted in shock and confusion. "What do you mean you found him?" He pressed Joshua for an answer.

"I found Jihoon in an alleyway. He seems to be working closely along with the staff in the palace." Joshua expressed with his hands as Seungkwan saw Mingyu chewing his bottom lip in his peripheral view.

"Where? Show me, would you?" Seungkwan requested as Joshua gave a quick nod before leading the pair into the carriage.

The carraige ride was quiet, Seungkwan's thighs were bouncing with anticipation to find Jihoon. He wasn't usually fond of Jihoon like he used to be with Chan. Jihoon just seemed so hard to get through to. It was like walking in sloshing mud, talking to Jihoon.

Seungkwan checked his pouch to see if he had an abundance of water stored in the vials he had. Good, he felt around his back pocket as he nodded, checking each vial and sloshing the water around for a sound.

Once he settled back down, he examined how Mingyu was physically and emotionally. Seungkwan scanned Mingyu's large and slim body, seeing if there were any scratches. Thank god, he's fine.

"Are you okay Gyu?" Seungkwan's eyebrows stitches together in worry, he knew the past two weeks with his father passing away was full of grieving and anger.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" Mingyu show a slight smile, alerting Seungkwan that he obviously wasn't fine and that he was faking the smile.

"It's okay not to be okay, Gyu. You don't have to go on this mission, Joshua and I can hndle ourselves pretty well. And we can run away if it's too much." Seungkwan was praising himself, inflating his own ego just a little.

"No! No! I'll be fine! What good of a Prince would I be if I didn't follow my bodyguard, also, aren't you supposed to protect me?" Mingyu played off the forced smile with a nudge to Seungkwan's shoulder.

"Okay, fine. But if you feel any hint of feeling less than, tell me and I'll escort you to the palace in record time."

"I can just earthbend a slide and go to the palace that way. I bet it'll be faster than your record time, Kwan." Mingyu smirked as Seungkwan rolled his eyes fondly. He's glad Mingyu's okay enough to be joking around.

"Guys, we're here." Joshua's voice cut through their playful conversation as the air immediately tensed up.

The three of them exited the carriage in a single file line. Joshua leading Seungkwan and Mingyu into hiding. By a place closeby the alley, Seungkwan could even see people moving in and out from that alley.

Bodyguards. Bodyguards who were supposed to protect Mingyu. Why were they here?

"Hey!—" Seungkwan's mouth was covered by Joshua as Mingyu glanced at the two, narrowing his eyes as he held Seungkwan's hand tighter.

"You can't scream Seungkwan, we need to find a vulnerable point, or maybe Jihoon. That's when we'll bust in." Joshua whispered to the both of them, Mingyu nodding along.

The trio intently monitored the alley, guards coming in and out, sometimes maids as well. Wait, isn't that Mingyu's pendant? Seungkwsn spotted it from afar, in a maid's hand. He quickly tugged Joshua's sleeve, "Let's go, I see Gyu's pendant!" He urged as Joshua scrunched his brows and also spotted Mingyu's pendant.

Mingyu overheard Seungkwan as he furrowed his brow's finding the maid having his pendant in her hands. That is a maid that's worked for his family since Mingyu was five, why was she doing this?

Joshua counted, "On three, one, two, three!" They jumped across roofs, getting down safely as they were now on the ground floor, Seungkwan leaped into fights, beating each guard up by upper cuts and kicking them. Chaos insued as he bended water from his pouch of water, manipulating the water into ice, forming borders.

The guards that tried to claw their way out of the ice couldn't without getting ice chunks under their nails. Seungkwan chuckled, he wasn't aware chaos insued until he turned around, seeing Joshua using his fighting techniques against the highly-trained guards.

Seungkwan searched for Mingyu, who was jailing each guard and maid into a makeshift prision, made by five huge blocks of stone. Leaving a little window for the people inside to breath, so they can see the others get beat up. Harsh, but I like it, Seungkwan smirked as he saw the older finish building the makeshift jail.

Mingyu's eyes widened once he caught Seungkwan's eyes, blushing furiously as he turned around to help Joshua. Seungkwan tilted his head in confusion as a guard hit him in the back of the head with a metal plank.

Ouch, was the last thing Seungkwan thought as he blanked out, falling face first into the icy floor that he created. He could see Mingyu and Joshua's feet running from place to place, he could see Joshua turn his head in Seungkwan's direction as he called out, "Seungkwan!"

Seungkwan's eyes shut as he just saw darkness, he could hear sounds, like his nane being called and he could barely feel his body being shook by someone.

He was zoning out as he heard crackles of fire arrive, Wonwoo.

Seungkwan smiled slightly at the thought of at least Wonwoo being here to help the two of them when Seungkwan can't.