Chapter-29 Moving on

Start from the beginning

"I hate college, it is so tough! These assignments are killing me!" I gave out a pained groan. Zoe nodded passing me an obvious look and Angelo who just stood there watching with his eyebrows raised questioningly.

"How about we skip?" He suggested tossing us a playful smirk.

Zoe gave out an audible gasp before bumping her shoulder against his. "You're so dumb angelo, do you want to repeat semesters?" She scoffed at him and Angelo who just raised his hands up in surrender.

"I was just kidding, gheez." He rolled his eyes dramatically and I watched as the pair threw each other glares and taunts making me chuckle.

God, they were such children.

"Guys I'm already late for my class, if you'll excuse me 'children' I better get going." I air quoted emphasising on the word 'children'. Angelo glared at me while Zoe just stood agape.

"Don't call us that!" They both said in union looking pissed, while as I on the other hand shook my head laughingly before blowing them a kiss, I flew to my class.

*

College was hectic as always, everyday we had to work on different class assignments and in order to really focus and keep my mind away from all the haziness, I usually sat in a café ordering lattes or a warm cup of coffee to help me regain my strength back however some days Zoe would join me and we would sit here sipping on beverages quietly working. Xavier was always respectful towards my friends, he made sure to give me my space whenever Angelo or Zoe decided to peek in but stood watching from afar.

I screwed my eyes shut, swearing under my breath when I recalled that I had a race at midnight, one year was enough for me to figure out my passion about things that I never thought I'd be doing. Just exactly one year before Eli introduced me to her cousin, Mario who was in charge of the street racing industry. He gladly introduced me to the new environment, at first I was a bit hesitant if I should be racing deadly mafia racers but when I saw a young deadly racer get defeated by Eli, I thought otherwise.

And I was right, street racing had become my new passion. I thrived for those couple of seconds while racing. Call it the most dangerous escape from reality.

"Xavier," I called out, making his head snap towards mine in a questioning stare. "I have a race tonight. " His mouth formed in a smirk.

Yes, Xavier knew and I made him swore to me that he wouldn't let zayn and Damien know about it.

"Who we battling today?" He asked taking a sip from his latte, I tossed him a smirk playing with my pen. " The deadly Russian, Igor." My tone dripped with sarcasm, Xavier's eyes narrowed in a blank stare before he burst out laughing making me giggle as well.

"That fúcker?" He made a tsk, tsk sound from his mouth, I reluctantly nodded. "You can beat his aßs like-" he snapped his fingers in a flick. "-this."

"Bet." My eye dropped in a wink.

Cold breeze blew over my body making me clench my jacket closer, the city was now dim with vivid moonlight casting over it. The noxious night was cold and ruthless overcrowded by members from the gangs mostly, wild teenagers. My eyes fell upon the beauty that I've been racing in, another popular american- made car the black Chevrolet Camaro. The racing car sat low to the ground and it's wheel base was wide for stability. It was a car yet so different and engineered to be powerful.

"And here comes poison Ivy!" The crowd erupted into thunderous noise. Nobody knew my real name, mostly teenagers here would prefer themselves been called by deadly names and I on the other hand was referred as poison ivy and I loved it.