𝟱 - 𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 | 𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲

Start from the beginning

"What? You saw the killer? What was he like?" Jackson widened his eyes, taking off his black aviator ray bans rapidly.

"She. Yes, I saw her." I shook my head, and Jackson's eyes widened even more. I knew for a fact that none of the agents that were aware of the investigation were expecting this killer to be a woman. "You need to help me."

"Harry, there is not much that we can do..." Owens formed his lips into a line and grimaced, probably scared of my reaction. I tended to snap at everyone, but I knew we could do something and I had just dawned on about it.

"Actually, there is." I let go off his arms and walked straight to my office, Jackson following me. Every agent glared at me once more, probably because I was disturbing the pacific atmosphere.

"What? What is it?"

"After the accident, I had a locator chip transplanted to my father's wrist for, you know, security. In case anything happened." I started searching for a file on my office's computer, Owens staring at me from the door with a confused look on his face. Then, he approached me to peak at the screen, which was now showing a red dot twinkling on a digital map. "She just revealed her location."

I smirked and Jackson widened his eyes, a smile spreading on his face. "Let's go."

Before I could even blink, I had already grabbed a new gun and left the room. We had already called five more cops and we were on our way to this place. It was an abandoned warehouse right in the limit of Wolverhampton, right next to Birmingham.

I wondered who the fuck was this girl. She had to really like her job, because she kept traveling district to district, one per day. Cars were exhausting at some point, at least for me.

I was in my Tesla with Jackson, both of our guns loaded and prepared to strike. I was trying to keep it cool, but it really felt like there was a civil war between my brain cells. My head ached so much at the simple thought of arriving to my father with a bullet on his head. Reliving that situation would fuck up my brain, and I most definitely would never go back to normal.

The trees at the side of the road looked like a giant green blur, and my jaw was clenched so tightly I was genuinely worried about my teeth. I hadn't even bothered to check my body for any injuries because I honestly didn't care. My mind was set on only one goal: getting my father back home safe.

There were two more cars behind my Tesla, all of them carrying experienced FBI agents. I had gotten the best ones, so there was no way she would get away this time. She could throw a couple knives, so what. I could do that two.

I started decelerating when I saw the warehouse in the distance. It was gigantic, which totally threw me off because I wasn't expecting it to be that big and airy.

"Bring your gun." I murmured to Jackson when I had completely stopped the car, grabbing my own pistole and jumping off of the car. Jackson complied even though he knew the deal already.

The other four agents got off their cars tooall of their guns aimed at the opened wall-length door. I heard a loud gunshot and, when we gyred, I met the girl's back. She was wearing a black tank top and her dark hair was tied up in a really messy bun. In front of her, was my father, groaning in pain and tied up to a chair.

"FBI, drop your weapons!" I yelled, being fifteen feet away from her. That was probably a stupid idea, because now she knew we were here and she wasn't close to us, so she could escape. Fuck. There were two knives and a gun tucked on the back of her pants. Of course she would be armed. Slowly, she reached out for the sweater on the floor and slipped into it, raising the hood over her head.

"Stay still!" I spat in anger, but she didn't stop moving. "I said stay fucking still!"

The hatred made my blood boil when I noticed the gunshot on my father's thigh, who kept squirming under the tight grip of the ropes. He didn't deserve this, for fuck's sake. She was a psychopath and I was going to put her behind the bars before she could even smirk again.

"Don't you fucking tell me what to do." I heard the killer whispering, and I swear to god I wanted to snap that pretty neck of hers in two.

My plan was to arrest her because I was a professional and I couldn't kill her just like that unless she attacked first. She was pissing me off and I was about to approach her when she reached out for a gun and a knife, holding one in each hand. Quicker than I expected, she shot my father in the head.

My stomach churned before I could even react to the situation, but the killer was already throwing her next weapon. The knife flew all the way towards us, but collided against the floor leaving every single agent intact.

"You missed." I scoffed with a smirk on my lips. And when she smirked back, I knew something wasn't right.

"No, I didn't."

She started running far away from us, and I wanted to follow but a loud explosion followed by gas made my attention snap to the knife she had thrown. All of my agents were coughing and tearing. Tear gas. I glanced at the killer's tiny figure running away before I put my shirt over my mouth and nose and ran towards the exit.

My father would be left there alone, soulless.

I was running towards my Tesla when I heard loud music coming from the other side of the warehouse. It was her, and of course I had to chase after her car. I hurried Jackson, who was coughing like crazy, into my own automobile and drove off at full pelt.

She wouldn't escape this time. She would pay for laying a single finger on my father, and she had attacked first so I was allowed to kill her now. My father was dead and she was responsible for it. Killing an innocent man was lower than a low blow.

He was gone, but the hatred I had towards this woman was clouding my judgement and making me numb, so I wasn't completely aware that he had left for good. He had died just like my mother and I was about to relive the past all over again. I couldn't focus on anything but killing her, and I was going to achieve my goal no matter the sacrifice.

The other two cars had to follow me, but I wasn't planning on waiting when I stepped on the accelerating pedal so hard to make the Tesla launch off at a very quick speed. Jackson was looking at me in concern, but my eyes were stuck on the red Toyota driving away from us. It was her and I knew she had realized we were following her because her speed suddenly increased a lot.

"Styles..." Jackson warned, probably scared of my sudden state of thick skin.

I didn't answer because the last thing I wanted now was this woman to escape my grip once more. She was clever and she was so fucking prepared. I mean, a knife loaded with tear gas? That was new and really smart.

At the moment, I wasn't trying to hold back about anything. I wanted her dead immediately, which only spurred me on to drive even faster. I had no idea where she was heading to and I didn't care either, as long as it advantaged me. I wasn't thinking clearly and I was going to get us all killed.

And suddenly, I couldn't see the Toyota anymore. We had followed the road into a heaped forest and then to a very small town. She had detoured her trip, bluffing me. I slowed down my car abruptly, making Jackson jolt on the seat beside me. My mind was soon falling into realization of everything. My father was killed by her and she had managed to escape.

Again.

I came to a complete halt, staying in the middle of the road because I didn't give a shit anymore. I was so close to actually catching her, but I didn't last five minutes before I lost her.

"Fuck!" I slammed my palms against the steering wheel and pressed my forehead against my knuckles after it, feeling as a single tear streamed down my cheek.

Realization had hit me like a ton of bricks because now my dad was dead and, instead of staying with him, I had decided to follow a makeshift plan that was obviously not going to work. We didn't even get to fight her because she had previously prepared herself. Things hadn't gone well for her either because she had barely done any harm to my father - besides killing him - but she had certainly won me on my own end game.

So now my dad was gone.

And so was his killer.

She was going to pay.