5

I sat by the log, again, plate beside me.
And newt joined me. This time Chuck too.

"Hey Chuck." I said.

"Sup Chuck." Newt said.

"I haven't talked to you in a long time!" He said, cheerfully eating his food.

"Yeah busy being a runner." I told him.

"Chuck you doing good around here? It can be a bloody reck sometimes." Newt asked.

"Yeah! When I have people like you around!" Chuck exclaimed.

"Your too kind buddy." Newt said. I giggled.

We were laughing and chatting and having a good time until I noticed Teresa walking by and going towards the maze. The doors were about to close soon.

"Yea and then that's what—" I didn't process what Newt said but then I heard Chuck laughing. I was just more fixated on Teresa. I put my plate down and then started to walk closer.

I heard Newt and Chuck ask what I was doing until they caught on to. I then jogged towards Teresa.

"Hey Teresa? What's up. What are you doing over here when you can be by the fire eating? With Thomas I mean I know he accompanies you-

"I need to escape." Teresa said.

"What?" I questioned.

"I don't wanna be here anymore! Do you know what I saw today!?" Teresa said then raising her voice
higher.

"What did you see?" I asked.

"I saw skeletons! Skeletons body's of real people in the forest when I was picking something! So that just leads me to think that we're all gonna die here! And you guys aren't on a lead of anything!" Teresa said,
Talking fast.

"No Teresa! We are on a lead. We found something that could help us out! I think this time it's really real. You just gotta give us some time to scope out the area." I explained.

"Really?" She said her voice in a more understanding tone.

"Yes Really." I said.

"B-but Gally said—

"Gally is full of bs. Whatever comes out of his mouth is not true. Not any of it. So you better get back before Thomas misses you to much." I teased.

Teresa laughed. Before we started to head back, I heard a swift gust of air pass me and I notice that Teresa was screaming. I looked back and saw Teresa's hand swiftly pass over the corner. I then passed the corner in the maze but soon saw that what was holding her was a Griever. I had no hesitation to grab on her hand. I had a good grip. That what I thought. I soon realized I couldn't pull her out alone.

"HELP!!" I screamed as loud as I could.

"HELP!"

"HELP!"

Teresa was also screaming. I hoped that someone would come soon. I couldn't look around the corner unless if that happened I would loose my grip. I then heard running and yelling. I was about to loose hope that we were both gonna get snatched. The Griever was stronger than both of us. Me holding her wouldn't last a life time. I then slipped but right as I did, my hand caught on someone's. It was Thomas's.

"PULL!" He shouted. Then we all pulled at the same time. It moved us just a little bit. The Griever still making its loud noises.

"Thomas, if we keep pulling, we're gonna pull it in the glade." I shouted, over Teresa screaming.

"What do you suggest we do!?" Thomas shouted back.

"We need to distract it! I'm gonna lead it away from you all!" I shouted.

"JADE DONT YOU DARE!" Thomas shouted.

"ITS BETTER THAN TERESA DYING, THOMAS. I..KNOW YOU CARE FOR HER." I said.

"Yes but that doesn't give you a reason to leave!" He said.

"Thomas it will be quick!" I shouted. I then pulled Teresa and the griever with all my strength and connected Teresa's hand and Thomas's hand carefully. I saw Newt right behind Thomas around the corner.

"JADE WHAT IN THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING!?" Newt shouted. I didn't wanna do this because of Newt. I knew he would be mad at me if I didn't survive. If I even came back. I grabbed a rock from the ground and hit it hard on the grievers head.

"COME ON ASSHOLE!" I yelled.

It then dropped Teresa and started to chase after me.

"This is gonna be fun" I thought.

I ran through the long hallways of plain rock and vines. I then took a swift turn but carefully so I didn't trip on some of the rocks on the ground. I kept twisting and turning but the griever was super fast. It caught on to my shirt and ripped some parts of it.

NEWTS POV
___________

"Where's Jade!?" I asked Thomas.

"She's coming soon. She led the Griever away." Thomas said as he comforted Teresa.

"WHAT!? Why would you let her do that!?" I  yelled.

"She insisted and I couldn't let go! She said she's gonna loop around and come back to lose it!" Thomas said.  My anxiety raised higher than ever. I almost lost her. I cant lose her again. I was contemplating on going into the maze. If I lose her, I don't know. I've never felt this way before. I really wanted to give Thomas a big punch in the face. Or throw him in the maze. When I was about to run in the maze, the doors were closing. I then started to contemplate my decision more. Until I saw Jade. She was running from the griever that must've been holding Teresa. She luckily made it out in time.

JADES POV
————————

I got out just in time before the griever could get me. I crashed into Newts chest. The doors officially closed. I looked at Teresa. She looked terrified and so did Thomas. Thomas hugged Teresa close. It was cute.

I looked back at Newt and backed away from him. But he pulled me back to him.

"What is that!" Newt said, grabbing my hand and seeing the big cut in my arm.

"It's nothing." I said.

"NOTHING!? Jade I can't lose you!" Newt confessed.

I felt as if I couldn't speak.

"I didn't know you felt that way." I told him.

"I-I mean just losing people in the glade is not the sacrifice I'm willing to—

I didn't wanna hear what he had to say anymore so I just hugged him. It was comforting. He was warm. I could fall asleep in his arms. I felt him stop talking and his arms wrap around my back. I didn't wanna let go. I swear I was floating. But the thing was..he didn't let go either. Until we were forced to let go.

"What the hell were you thinking Teresa!?" I heard Thomas yell at her. I walked away from Newt. He was focused on Teresa and Thomas so everyone gathered there.

I felt dizzy. Like everything was spinning. I couldn't stand still. I was gonna go on the wall to rest. As I was walking I fell on the grass. But I quickly tried to get up and whilst I did I ran in the wall. I think only Teresa  heard the bump.

"Jade are you alright?" Teresa asked.

I swooshed her away.

"I'm fine Teresa." I said.

"Are you sure?" She said, placing her hands by me in case I fell.

Then everything I knew went black. I still felt conscious and I saw all the boys and Teresa beside me looking down at me. My hearing went in and out. Then I officially was unconscious.