4

Thomas, Minho, Frypan, Zart, Jeff and I all went in the maze. It was Thomas's idea to go check out the griever that him and I killed. We would obviously need more backup. I was waiting for the others to come by the gate when I felt a presence next to me, the first thing I saw was his shirt and I knew it was Newt.

"You don't have to do this you know." He said.

"What are you trying to say?" I asked,

"I just don't want you getting hurt." Newt admits.

"I've only been here for a month. If you think, we barely know each other. If I die, I die. But you better make it out." I said.

"The more you say you're dying the more I will withheld you from being a runner." Newt said.

"Fine." Then the rest of everyone came. They had all their weapons on the back.

"I got to go Newt. Wish me luck so I don't die!" I teased.

"Jade!" He yelled. As the others ran I ran in with them before he could say anything else. I took one last look at him. It was like he was flowing. His dirty blonde hair, he had a certain smell, like heaven, and he didn't look to happy when I was going in. Was he actually worried? I mean I said what I said anyways. Minho directed us and since it was in the daytime, it was less scarier but time flies hella fast in here.

"Alright here." Thomas said.

"Damn." Zart seemed surprised.

It was a couple of minutes before Thomas pointed something that we've never seen before.

"Do you see that?" Thomas points.

"What?" Frypan asked.

"Oh wait look! It's blinking red." I point.

"Okay..who's getting it." Jeff says. They all look around, waiting for someone to grab it. I'm obviously not going to grab it, I'm not a lady lady and all but that's just gross. Then after waiting what felt like hours, Minho stuck his hand in it.
I could hear all the slime gushing around in his finger. I cringed at the sight of it. I could tell he was terrified cause the face was still held together. Everything was too quiet. I knew—
"AH!" Everyone shouted as the arm of the Griever moved. I stepped on it while Thomas kicked it. Frypan, Zart, and Jeff had their weapons ready. When he pulled it out, it was beeping. You could hear it. At first I thought it was a bomb but when o looked more at it, it didn't look like one.

"Number 7?" Jeff questioned.

"What could that mean." Minho asked.

"Minho, after all these years, did you ever find anything like this?" I ask. He shook his head no.
Then Thomas grabbed it, inspected it, and stuffed it in his backpack.

"Alright, we should head out now. Before it gets to late." Thomas orders. He leads us while Minho and I are second, the rest following behind us.
____________
As I got out of the maze, there was the same smirk from Newt from the other day. It made my heart skip a beat for some reason. I don't know why. And Teresa was there too, she smiling but eyeing Thomas most of the time.
_____________

We all gathered in the main area where we do meetings.

"Ok I think we should definitely punish them! Maybe ban them!" Gally demanded.

"Excuse me!? From what Minho said, we've never been this close to anything. In years! We could all get out of this place? And you choose to banish the only people who are actually doing something? I mean, what do you do all day? Sit there and judge everyone or is that just a personality trait." I said outraged. I cant believe Gally was actually thinking like this.