10

I saw Ava Paige, in the building. In her white silk pajamas with heels on. It was not lit in the building but it was big, echoey, modern. When I approached her, she was staring at the window, watching the city being torn apart. With my hand trembling with the gun in it, I aimed it at her. You once again couldn't tell what her emotions were. She hid it well but she looked somewhat calm.

"Jade-

"I lost every bit of family I had." My voice sounded weak and not as strong nor confident as before.

"I am very sorry for your loss." She says, hands crossed in the front.

"No. No! I don't think you understand. ALL WE'VE EVER WANTED WAS FREEDOM. THEY WANTED FREEDOM I DIDN'T NEED IT AS MUCH AS THEY DID AND THEY BOTH DIED. And I....I promised. If anything I should be the one who's dead. But who knows, this might be the end of all of us." My voice was shaky.

"No no. Your blood could save- everything. Thomas and yours it's- it's significant how much it cures this virus. You could save us. You could save the world."Ava says.

I sighed, still aiming my gun at her till there was a loud bang. It sounded like a shot as well. I'm sure I didn't press the trigger. Ava's poker face soon turned pale, she looked down at her white shirt. It was soon turning red. Her legs collapsed causing her to bleed out on the floor. I squinted my eyes seeing someone coming out from the shadows. It was Janson. He walked fast up to me and then kicked the gun out of my hand, catching me off guard. I was still emotionally recked. He puts his gun right up to my neck making me stay still. Then a sharp pain comes from my neck. He just put something in it. I was a bit drowsy, I walked backwards and took the needle out. My world felt like it was spinning and my legs couldn't support me anymore. I fell to the ground. Eyes sight failing me and turning into blackness.
__________________________________
I woke up, my first view to the ceiling. I moved my head to see Teresa, taking blood from me. You've got to be kidding me I thought she was long gone. I look up ahead from me, I was looking at Janson but noticed the big window reflecting a building, tumbling to the floor. In fact, everything was burning and on fire. I looked back to me and I was strapped down so I wouldn't go anywhere.

"Do you know what this place is, Jade? It's a lifeboat. The whole world might be sinking but doesn't mean that we have to go down with it." He explains. I shook all of the straps trying to escape, seeing how sturdy these straps are.

"What do you want to do? Kill me!?" I questioned, seeing how much precaution they took.

"No. We're just gonna take very special care of you....we'll keep you alive. In return, you will save all of us. The ones we choose to save anyway." He says in his same cold tone. He grabbed what seemed to be the cure.
"Of course there's not gonna be enough for everyone.  Hard choices are going to have to be made, in time will burn itself out." As he was going on I tried even harder to break out of these so they wouldn't possess the virus. Anyone but them. I guess you can never trust Teresa. She helped me through a lot but here she is, with Janson.
"The only question is, who will be the ones standing." He walks toward me, idolizing the blue cure.
"And thanks to you, to this! We finally get to choose. A future of our own making." He pulls up his sleeve revealing black veins. Surprising. I'm guessing a crank got to him. That's why he wanted the cure so urgently. I felt frozen as he was aiming the shot right next to it and about to inject it in him. This can't be happening right now.