CHAPTER: 48| PLOT TWIST (PART-2)

Start from the beginning

"Here we go..." Burhaan scoffed, hitting his hands on his thighs.

"You will never accept your defeat, will you?" Areesha narrowed her eyes at him.

"Never." Aariz slowly shook his head, a lazy smile playing on his lips, "Besides," He picked up a stick from the ground, "It ain't my defeat to begin with." He said, throwing the stick into the bonfire, watching it turn to ashes, "It was team work. You cannot pin point the defeat on one person for the errors cause by an another."

"What are trying to say, 'Captain'?" Maha, who was pretty pissed with the defeat, questioned him, air quoting the word 'Captain' as if blaming him for all the loss.

"Well, I had a plan and it was perfect. I predicted Laiba's move even before she made one." He tilted his head towards her as he said that, "I used the very bait she set for me to bait her and she almost fell for it. Everything was going just like I wanted it to. I would have shot Laiba and we would have won the game tonight if...." He took a deep breathe as he continued, "Zeeshan hadn't sabotaged the entire game for us in the last minute." He ended with a sigh.

Zeeshan, who was pouring coffee into a red paper cup, paused mid air at the accusation.

He looked up at Aariz, "Excuse me, what?" He snapped, taking offence.

"You heard me."

Zeeshan closed the lid of the thermos and shoved it in Shah's hand before facing Aariz completely, "Care to tell me what exactly I did to sabotage your plan?" He demanded.

"You didn't shoot Areesha when you should have and didn't even tell me about her. How was I to know she is in the game when I was in assumption all the while that you had her disqualified." Aariz shot back.

"Is it my fault that Laiba had me before I could shoot her."

"You could have at least informed me. I didn't at all see her coming."

"I didn't get the chance to tell you. It all happened so fast. One second I got shot and the next second you barged into the room and attacked Laiba. And let's not forget you were the one who asked me not to shoot Areesha until Laiba shows up."

Aariz and Zeeshan began arguing whereas everyone else looked at each other.

"I, also, told you to keep looking for her. Not just stand there and threaten Areesha." Aariz said.

"Are you blaming me for our loss, now?" Zeeshan asked him, incredulously.

"Guysss!!" Burhaan tried to stop them, waving a hand to get their attention.

But they ignored him.

"No. I'm just trying to say that you could have handled the situation better."

"Seriously?" Zeeshan snorted, "It's just a game, Aariz. Get over it."

Aariz opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by Habeeba.

"Exactly! It's just a game. So, stop it all of you!!!" She said loudly.

"A game that we lost because of him." Maha sided with Aariz, pointing an accusing finger at Zeeshan.