I'll Be Your First, And Your Last

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, he bent down and bunched up the end of the blanket I was using to cover myself. He harshly tugged it towards him, and I crashed right into him in a tumbling mess. He held me with one hand firmly, and the other one snatched the blanket away from my body, my arms instinctively covering my chest. 

But Xavier barely looked at my chest. His intense gaze was trained on me, solely on me as he reflected an expression of anger and hurt. Xavier pushed me onto the bed and got on top of me, balancing his weight on his hands which were placed on either side of my body, encaging me in his trance.

"In case you remember nothing, Valentina, you fucking sneaked out on me to a club, where you got hopelessly drunk. Thank fucking God I arrived there while you were standing on the bar counter, showcasing everything that's existent from your ankles up to your thighs. Let's see, you clearly asked me to fuck you, you were upset when I refused saying you were drunk. You gave me a lap dance and I resisted from ripping your clothes off then and there. And when we finally walked inside to sleep, you slid off your dress and slept beside me in your current state quite fucking comfortably. The only form of physical contact between us was the one you initiated. I would never, ever fucking touch you under the influence of alcohol. I'm not a fucking rapist, Valentina," he finished, his voice authoritative and harsh, narrating every detail from yesterday. 

The small memory flashes flood my head, and I realize everything he said, every single thing is true. Oh my God. I did not just blame Xavier of forcing himself on me, when in reality I practically forced myself on him. The man's self-control didn't ever waver, when he could have done anything he wanted to me. He respected my condition and did not try anything. And here I am, accusing him of the worst thing possible.

"Xavier," I began to speak, trying to think of the best way to apologize to him.

"Fucking save it, Valentina," he muttered, pushing himself off of me and leaving my room, before shutting the door to his own. 

What the hell have I done?

I paced the room in worry, thinking about what I should do to take back yet another stupid, beyond stupid mistake I made. The office is being renovated right now and we'll be staying home today. Which gives me enough time to convince him to forgive me.

I slipped into some ripped skinny jeans and a black crop tank, walking out of the room to see Xavier making breakfast. He turned around and seemed unfazed by my presence, placing the plate of waffles on the table.

"I'm-uh not quite up for breakfast," I mumbled, but Xavier pulled out my chair, and I sat down, not wanting to mess with him.

We quietly ate breakfast and I tried to talk to him, but he stood up, placing the plates in the sink and walking back to his room.

"Can I please talk to you?" I asked, and he stopped, nodding his head before sitting on the sofa. I stood in front of him and he sat down, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm sorry," I said, and he did not look convinced at all.

"Say something?" I pleaded and he looked up at me, the hurt on his face clawing at my heart.

"What do you want me to say, Valentina?"

"Anything, please."

"You practically accused me of raping you while you were drunk and unconscious. If you can come to that conclusion about me, I really have nothing to say," Xavier's jaw clenched and unclenched, trying to control his anger, and I felt like a terrible person.

"I know, I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking straight, and it was the first ever time I had alcohol," I said, but his gaze turned dark at that statement.