Chapter 6: Madalyn's Arrival!

"Oh here, let me help you with that," Barley said as he helped Elsa out of the van. Ian, Barley, and Elsa had just got back from picking up some food at the store. It had been awhile since the announcement of their new baby girl to everyone and Elsa looked like she was ready to pop! They walked in the house and started to put the groceries away. Suddenly, Elsa felt a sharp pain in her abdomen as she started to stumble. "Babe!" Barley said as he caught her. "Barley, I think it's time," Elsa said as Barley froze. "The baby's coming? The baby's coming!" Barley realized. He quickly brought Elsa to the van and sped to the hospital. He called family and friends telling him that they were on their way. Suddenly, the car stopped. "What happened?" Elsa said heavily. "Looks like we're out of gas!" Barley said. "Well you better hurry. I feel like I'm gonna explode!" Elsa heaved. "Don't worry babe, I will get an ambulance out here immediately," Barley said as he grabbed his cellphone. He called the emergency center telling them his wife was about to give birth. "How long will you be?" Barley asked the operator. "Well looks like it'll be awhile. Looks like the ambulance will be there in about an hour," "An hour?!" Barley said. "So I will have to deliver the baby?!" Barley asked. "Don't worry sir, we will help guide you through the process," the operator told him as Barley gulped. Elsa yelled in pain as Barley came to her aide. "Ok what do I do?" Barley asked the operator as they helped him. Barley was sweating like heck as he tried to get the baby out. Elsa noticed Barley was nervous and mouthed "you can do this" to him. Barley nodded as he followed instructions. Elsa let out a big scream and Barley yelped until there was a little cry. Barley looked down and noticed that the baby was out. It let out some cries as Barley smiled down at the little being. "I did it," Barley said. The operator congratulated him and Barley said thank you. As Barley hung up, he brought the baby to Elsa and wrapped the baby in a blanket. They both sat quietly and looked at it. "She's so beautiful," Elsa said. Barley nodded. "She looks just like you," Barley told his wife as he kissed her forehead. "What should we name her?" Elsa asked. "How about...Madalyn?" Barley asked. "I like that name," Elsa said as she and Barley kissed. Finally, the ambulance arrived and they took Elsa to the hospital. Barley got some gas and arrived at the hospital. Everyone was there to welcome Elsa. "She's so adorable! I could squeeze her little cheeks!" Leni said. "She has pretty long hair," Violet said. Elsa smiled at the comments as Mikey and Anna were making funny faces at Madalyn. Madalyn cooed at Anna as Mikey 'awwwwed'. Leo and Donnie arrived with balloons and cards. Then came Laurel, Colt, and Ian. "My granddaughter! She's so precious!" Laurel said as she held the baby. "She's gonna be a hard worker that one!" Colt said. Ian walked over to Madalyn and held her. "Hi Madalyn, I'm your Uncle Ian. Dad would've loved to meet you," he told Madalyn. "Say, where's Raph?" Barley asked. Suddenly, the door swung open as Raph walked in wearing a diaper, pink bonnet, and a sucking a pink pacifier. Some of the group were giggling. "Raph, what are you wearing?" Anna asked. Leo walked over to him. "I wanted him to dress up for the occasion, right Raph?" Leo said as Raph said Leo was gonna pay for this. Raph spit out the pacifier and threw the bonnet and diaper to Mikey. Mikey was grossed out but Anna kissed his cheek to make him feel better. Raph walked over to Madalyn as Madalyn laughed. "You know, come to think of it, she is pretty cute," Raph said. Suddenly, Madalyn sneezed a line of blue magic snot and it bumped from wall to wall and landed splat on the wall as snow. Madalyn giggled and cooed. "Woah, that was unexpected," Vanellope piped up. "She's got ice powers just like you babe!" Barley said happily and kissed Elsa all over her face. After that, Madalyn yawned and went to sleep. "Look's like it's our cue to let the little one be," Colt said. Everyone said bye to Elsa and Barley while Ian and Violet went to the cafeteria. Barley looked at Elsa and smiled. "What Barley?" Elsa asked him. "You and the baby look so awesome," Barley said as he stood next to Elsa. He went over to sleepy Madalyn and picked her up. He carried Madalyn to Elsa as Elsa held her. "I love you Barley and I promise nothing bad will happen to Maddy," Elsa assured her husband. Barley teared up and kissed Elsa's forehead again. "I love you too," Barley smiled. It was nighttime. "Good night Barley," Elsa said as she went to bed. Barley carried Maddy back to her little hospital bed and held Maddy's finger. "Don't worry Mads, I will take good care of you. I promise to protect you and love you always," Barley said as he kissed Maddy's forehead. "Goodnight my little snowflake," Barley said as he headed off to bed.