Chapter 7: The Devious Escape

"Gods, I hate sitting in jail. It really sucks," Hades huffed as Chernabog was bouncing a ball against a wall. "Tell me about it. Why do we even bother?" Chernabog boomed. "Agreed," Jafar stated. Hades paced the jail cell and threw his hands in the air. "I can't believe some of our crew got bailed out while we sit here like sitting ducks," Hades said. "Maybe it's because the top 3 bad guys," Chernabog mentioned. "Will you please shut up Chern?! You're really getting on my nerves!" Hades boasted. "Well maybe if you stop throwing a fit, we can figure out a way to get out of here!" Chernabog said as he flipped through a newspaper. Hades got boiling mad and he threw a fireball in Chernabog's direction. Chernabog caught it and turned it into black ash. "You're gonna have to do better than that," Chernabog said. As Hades was about to throw another, there was a small hello from in front of the prison bar gate. Hades, Chernabog, and Jafar ran over and noticed Pain and Panic. "Pain! Panic! My little minions! What are you doing here?" Hades asked. "We're busting you out!" Panic mentioned. "What about the guard?" Chernabog asked. "Your girlfriend took care of him," Panic huffed. Chernabog felt thankful Maleficent took care of the guard. Then Maleficent entered. "I thought I heard my name," Maleficent said as she kissed Chernabog through the bars. "That's Mal for you," Jafar stated. "Enough lovey-dovey stuff! Get us out of here!" Hades said. Pain and Panic got the keys and released the trio of villains as they snuck out. They arrived outside the prison and hunkered down. Many guards were patrolling the area. "What are we gonna do? There's too many of them," Panic panicked. "I'll take care of them," Chernabog cracked his knuckles and stretched. "How are you gonna do that?" Jafar asked the big demon. "Just take their souls. I did it with some of Maleficent's goons so why can't I do it on these guys?" Chernabog grinned. "I will set a fire perimeter around the prison and distract them, " Maleficent said. "Alright but make it quick!" Hades said.
A guard patrolled the prison when he heard rustling. He turned around and saw a shadow of Chernabog. Suddenly he heard on his walkie-talkie that there was a dragon sighting and he turned around as Chernabog stole the guards soul. The guard collapsed to the floor and didn't move. Maleficent flew around and set fire outside the prison as Chernabog did his dark duty. "Go go go!" Hades motioned as everyone else followed him. Finally, they all escaped the prison. Chernabog and Maleficent flew hand in hand and followed the rest of the escapees.

Chief Wiggum arrived at the scene with some other officers. "What the hell?" Joe Swanson said shocked. "Save it Swanson," Wiggum said. The chief walked up to Chase the dog. "Ready for duty Chief Wiggum sir!" Chase responded. "Alright pup! I need you to investigate the prison guards and bring your pulse-o-meter," Chief Wiggum told Chase. "Will do!" Chase said. Chase went up to a couple of guards and checked their pulses. They were all gone. Chase reported back to the chief. "Sadly, they all have passed on," Chase whimpered. "Damn it!" Chief Wiggum shouted. Suddenly, Chase picked up a scent and the cops walked toward the jail where the villains used to be. "It seems like the villains escaped! What happens now Chief?" Chase asked. "We'll find those son of a bitches if it's the last thing we do!" Chief Wiggum told Chase.