Chapter 10: Kidnapped

Madalyn and her family had just woken up to the morning sun as they were getting ready for breakfast. Barley was making pancakes while Elsa made cereal for Madalyn. Madalyn and Ian were watching the morning news. "Good morning, I'm Kent Brockman and welcome to Toon News Network." Kent said. "And I'm Tom Tucker," said Tom. "We have breaking news coming from the Tooniverse Police Department saying that Hades, the villain who caused an uproar at Tooniversity, has escaped from prison along with his friends. Chernabog and Jafar have also escaped," Kent reported. Ian grew wary when he saw that. "Barley you may wanna see this," Ian called over to his brother. Barley came over. "What is it?"  Barley asked when he looked up and saw the news. "I'm Tricia Takanawa, here to report on the escape of these devious villains. Here is a press conference from earlier," Tricia reported. The TV then showed news breaking again. "We're sorry to interrupt you Tricia but there seems to be a Toonlet abduction alert. It appears the son of Bart Simpson and Sierra McCarthy has been kidnapped by an unknown source. We will give you more details once more information becomes available. Now back to Tricia," Kent said. Ian looked worried but Barley didn't seem to care. Barley knew the police were trouble and he didn't trust them that much. Elsa turned the news off. "Breakfast is ready and don't watch the news. It worries a lot of people," she said. Everyone headed over to breakfast and then everyone finished. "Mommy, can I go outside and play?" Maddy asked. "Sure sweetie, be careful!" Elsa mentioned. "I will!" Maddy went out front to go play. Elsa was a little worried about what she heard from the news but Barley assured her everything would be okay. 

Maddy was playing outside, practicing her ice powers. She noticed a strange van going back and forth across from her on the street. She kept practicing and ignored the van. Suddenly, she missed and blue magic flew all over the place and landed on a butterfly. Maddy gasped and went to help the butterfly. "I'm so sorry Mr. Butterfly, I didn't see you," Maddy said. She noticed his wing was broken. "Oh your wing, I wish I could fix it but I don't think I can," Maddy said. As Maddy was helping the butterfly still, she realized the wing wasn't broken but there was just a little snow on the wing. She brushed the snow off the butterfly's wing. "There you go, now you're ready to fly!" Maddy said as she let the butterfly go. She smiled as it flew away. But what she didn't know was shadowy figure with red eyes stood behind her. She turned around and gasped.

Barley was listening to rock music while Elsa was showering and singing. Ian went out with Violet. Nobody knew Maddy was being kidnapped because they were so busy doing their own thing. Barley realized Maddy had been gone for a while so he went to check on her outside. "Madalyn! Maddy?" he called out. There was no answer. He called out again. Still no answer. He knew something wasn't right until he saw a van zoom past him and what he saw in the back of the van looked like Madalyn who was waving for help. "Daddy!" she seemed to be calling out. "Mads!" Barley panicked. He took his keys and started up Guinevere the 2nd but his van was out of gas and he didn't have time to get some. He went back out to where he saw the van and it was gone. Elsa came outside. "Barley, what's going on? Where's Maddy?" Elsa asked as Barley explained everything.