S C A V E N G E R S

WARNING:
This Chapter contains blood, graphic scenes, profanity, Death, Animal Abuse, bad Grammar, Cringe (I wrote this in 6th grade)and you may get a slight attachment to characters that die. Constructive Criticizing is always needed. This is like really old now soo... also this isn't based on a Anime or Manga, this is purely just my own story.

P R O L O U G E

It was amazing being a Budgie. When he first flew out of the hollow nest he was one of the first budgies to fly in his family without falling or getting hurt. He soared around the canopy and then felt the wind blow and ruffle under his wings. He flapped up into the air with the rest of the flock of male budgie's that where hunting for seeds. He moved his pupils around looking for predators and food. He needed to find food for his mate and his children. He was too busy thinking and did not listen to his flock's warning and noticed they were advancing away from him. As he started flapping his wings faster he felt a piercing pain on his wings as they closed without command. A small eagle wrapped its talons around his torso and wing as it tightened its grip, and in a few seconds he felt blood trickle down his feathers and skin and then the world went black.

C H A P T E R 1
"The Weak Shall Perish and the Strong shall Live"

Squirt was the runt of the clutch out of his sister and 3 brothers. None of the others had ever made fun of their sister for being the 3rd hatched but instead picked on Squirt. His sister always confronted him though. But today it was going to be different. Today they were going to fly and see the flock for the first time. Brute the oldest was first.

Brute poked his head out. He must have been scared because he kept scanning underneath him and unfolding and folding his wings.
"Brute what are you waiting for just flap and jump!" said their father outside of the tree hollow. That's when Brute jumped and flew outside the hollow swirling around it ungracefully as he laughed at us from the outside teasing us. Doon was the second youngest brother out of the clutch it was usually him who just followed Brute and Hawk. Hawk with no hesitation stormed out of the den unfurling his wings as he flew outside the den now following Brute in the laughing.
Kestrel gracefully unfolded her wings and gracefully walked out of the follow and flapped her wings as she took off less wobbly then Brute and Hawk. Doon nuzzled Squirt in an apologizing way as he walked out into the front of the hollow and tried flapping up and managed to flap up close to the others but was quivering. Squirt happily jumped into the outside of the den and he repeatedly beat his wings as hard as he could but found himself slowly gliding down to the water. He saw Doon start to lose rhythm in his beating wings as he started falling into the pond and one of his wings hit Squirt by accident as Squirt was struggling and Squirt fell down with Doon. With a plop, they were in the water.

Doon flapped vigorously and Squirt who also fell in the water was flapping his wings his life flashing before his eyes. Squirt saw before he plunged into the water again saw the river bank and so he flapped up back to the surface with one stride of his wings and began slapping his wings on the water making him float. All of a sudden his foot touched the mud off the surface of underwater. He was there at the shore. He quickly flapped his wings drying them off as Brute and Hawk flew off. Squirt stepped out onto the shore and sneezed and ruffled his feathers shaking off the water. But that's when he realized Doon was not on the shore with him. He looked back and saw Doon trying to grab onto a leaf to pull himself up but failed and his beak touched the surface of the water as the jerking of his wings seized and his body including his usual half closed worried eyes were wide open and blank with no expression as his body laid there drifting. Squirts pupils narrowed in shooked. Could that have been me if I didn't see the river bank? He thought to himself. He heard flapping and he turned around to see another Budgie fly his way.
"Hey, don't you know it's dangerous down here! There is snakes around here!"
Squirt's pupils widen as he lowered his head slightly lowered as he chirped weakly "S-sorry to bother you I'll just fly around in the trees and bushes now..."
He unfurled his wings and rapidly flapped them as he started to fly up back to his hollow and as he sat right above the hollows opening he scanned the area getting used to the bright and colorful it was.