Is That A Yes Or No?

Start from the beginning

       "I hab big siswer! I away waned a big siser! I so happy! How you no tew me who my daddy was you know aweady," the small girl screamed out excitedly as she couldn't believe her luck.

        April was her sister and she was happy about that. April just smiled a little as she looked at the little girl trying to ignore the hurt feeling she was getting when Mal called her, her sister even if it was true.

         April didn't understand why that word hurt so much. She loved Mal and she was happy that Mal was in her life, so why did it hurt so much when Mal called her sister. April was interrupted from her thoughts when the small four year old had watched her zone out and got worried as she began to shake her.

        "Mi Apwil! Mi Apwil! Mi Apwil! Mi Apwil pwease you scaw me! No go fwozen wike mommy!" The small girl cried out as April had been zoning out and it reminded her of when her mommy used to zone out and she didn't know whether or not her mommy was even alive.

        "Mi Apwil!!" The small girl cried out again finally snapping April out of her thoughts as she looked at the crying girl. "Oh my gosh Mal! I'm so sorry! I just didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night! I'm so sorry for scaring you! And to answer your question Mal I don't really know why I didn't tell you," April told the small girl making her nod as she hugged her again.

          "Is otay! You jus wooked wike mommy afew see ha too mu of hew scawy dwink, so I scared! I gwad you otay! Mi Apwil I hab question!" The small four year old told April who just nodded as she looked at Mal.

         "What's your question Mal," April asked the small girl who gave her an innocent look. "Am I siw gonna wib wif you an ick," the small girl asked April, making her smile as she pulled Mal closer.

          "Of course Mal. We're already in the process of doing that. None of this is going to change that and in fact this new information actually helps make this process faster and easier," April told the small girl making her smile.

           "Weawy! Yay! I hab nother question!" Mal asked April who laughed again. "Okay and what's your other question," April asked Mal who looked at April as she was about to ask her question, but got too scared as she decided not to do it anymore.

             "Nebmin! I fowgot!" The small girl told April, making her sigh as she was curious what Mal wanted to ask, but she knew better than to push the small girl as Mal had been through a lot and she didn't want to accidently trigger another bad memory.

                "Okay well if you remember just let me know okay," April told the small girl who nodded. "Otay I will!" The small girl screamed out as she quickly drifted off on April as she still wasn't feeling good. April just smiled a little as she ran her fingers through the sleeping girl's hair.

               April wasn't a very motherly type of person, but with Mal it was different. Mal was just so adorable and innocent. April just wanted to protect her. Just as April was drifting off as well her door barged open causing her to look up.

               "April!" Nick screamed out excitedly as he ran over and hugged her. "Okay not that I don't love this, but what's going on," April asked Nick, making him laugh as he held up the adoption papers. "We just got approved!" Nick screamed out excitedly making April immediately jolt up as she looked at Nick.

                "We got approved?" April asked Nick as she couldn't believe it. Nick just laughed as he ran over and kissed her, making April laugh and kiss back. "Yeah we got approved! We're officially parents now!" Nick told April excitedly, making her laugh.

                 "Oh my gosh this is amazing! I can't believe this!" April screamed out excitedly making Nick laugh. "So about that question from a few weeks ago..." Nick began to say, but got interrupted by April kissing him.

                   "So is that a yes or a no," Nick playfully asked April, making her laugh. "It's a yes!" April told Nick, making him smile and blush. "Wait really!" Nick asked in shock and happiness as he wasn't expecting April to say yes.

                    "Of course it's a yes it was always a yes I just wanted to mess with you a little bit. Oh but first I really need to go apologize to Sarah I really messed up with her. Can you stay with Mal while I go apologize to Sarah because I may have said some things that I really shouldn't have said to her," April told Nick who nodded.

                     "Yeah of course!" Nick told April, making her nod as she moved Mal carefully to be on Nick as she got up from the couch.

                     "Okay great now she isn't feeling well right now, so make sure she takes her medicine and also she is running a bit of a fever it's not too worrisome right now, but I want you to call me if it goes above 103 and also..." April's rambling was interrupted by Nick who started laughing.

                      "What's so funny!" April screamed out in annoyance making Nick laugh again. "Oh just how soft you've become and how much of a mom you are now," Nick told April playfully, making her roll her eyes. "I am not soft and I am not a mom! It's just common sense!" April told Nick as she didn't want to admit how much Mal was changing her.

                       Nick just laughed as he hugged April. "Alright whatever you say Ape," Nick playfully told April, making her playfully roll her eyes as she kissed Nick and then turned to the sleeping four year old as she kissed her forehead. "Bye Mal I'll be back soon. I love you," April whispered to the small sleeping girl making Nick laugh again.

                       "Yeah you're definitely not soft," Nick jokingly told April, making her roll her eyes again. "Whatever, but I'm serious you need to be monitoring her fever," April told Nick who just laughed.

                       "April I can handle it. I've been taking care of my sisters for years now. I think I can handle looking after my new soon to be daughter," Nick told April, making her smile when she heard what he said.

                        "Daughter huh wow so this really is happening," April told Nick who laughed. "Yes it is. We're doing this!" Nick told April excitedly, making her laugh again.

                        "Alright well I'll be right back! I really do need to apologize to Sarah and tell her the amazing news about you and me getting married!" April told Nick, making him smile as he waved goodbye and she left.

                           Once April left Nick just smiled as he looked at the sleeping four year old that started to stir. "Where's mommy?" The small girl slurred out as she was still not fully awake and didn't know what she was saying.

                            Nick just smiled as he looked at the small girl. "April had to go somewhere really quickly, but she'll be right back," Nick told the small girl who just nodded as she was still barely awake.

                             "Otay daddy I wob you," the small girl slurred out again as she went back to sleep leaving Nick shocked, but yet happy as Mal had called him her dad even though he knew she had no clue that she had said it.

                               Nick just smiled as he watched the small girl feeling happy as he began to think about April, Sarah, and Michelle as well. He couldn't believe that he was finally going to get his dream that he had been dreaming of since he and April first got together in high school.