Another Hospital Trip And A Big Question

"Mal you have to eat," Nick told the small girl who had woken up shortly after April left and had thrown up again. Nick was trying to get her to take in some food, but the small girl was refusing.

    "No! I'm gonna frow up aben!" The small four year old cried out as she pushed the food away making Nick sigh as he couldn't get her to take down anything, not even water. Just as Nick was going to try again the door opened as April came back in after talking with Sarah who was no longer mad at her as they had made up and Sarah was excited about the engagement.

    "Oh thank god you're home! I need you to get Mal to eat!" Nick told April, making her look over to see the small girl who was refusing the food. "What happened?" April asked in panic as she ran over to the small girl who was crying.

    "She threw up a few times and now I can't get her to take anything down. Not even water because she's afraid she's gonna throw up again and she said her tummy hurts," Nick told April who nodded as she turned her attention to Mal.

      "Mal hey it's okay. You have to eat," April told the small girl who started sobbing as she shook her head no. "No! Gonna frow up aben! No wanna frow up aben!" The small girl screamed out as she pushed the food away again.

     "I told you! She won't eat! What do we do? April the doctor said her weight is low already. She can't afford to not eat right now," Nick told April, making her nod as she didn't know what to do.

     Normally when a kid was being difficult or not listening all she had to do was yell a little and the kid would listen, but that wouldn't work with Mal. She couldn't yell at a child who was as traumatized as Mal was.

      Before April or even Nick could figure out what to do next the small girl grabbed onto her side as she started screaming as loud as she could alerting both of them as they quickly jumped into action.

      "Mal! Oh my god! What do we do!" April screamed out in panic causing Nick to quickly pick up the small girl as he looked at April. "We need to get her to a hospital," Nick quickly told April who just nodded in panic as they quickly rushed to the hospital.

       "Ugh what is taking so long! Why won't they tell us anything! I am getting so sick of this place!" April screamed out, making Nick sigh as he pulled April into a hug after they had been waiting for a few hours for word about Mal.

        Before Nick could say anything the doctor came out causing the young couple to quickly run over. "What's wrong with Mal! Is she okay!" April rambled out nervously making the doctor laugh a little.

       "Mal is going to be just fine. That little girl is definitely a fighter. Her appendix had burst, but we were able to remove it right away before it could do too much damage. She's going to be just fine and she should be back to her normal self within a week or two," the doctor told April and Nick, making them sigh in relief as Mal was going to be okay.

       "Okay good can we see her!" Nick asked the doctor, making him laugh. "Yes of course!" The doctor told the young couple making them quickly make their way to Mal's room. The small four year old immediately reached up towards them as she was so scared and still loopy.

      "Yay you came! I fought you forge abow me!" The small girl cried out as she reached towards April and Nick making them both freeze up for a second as they couldn't believe Mal thought they would just leave her. "Did she just..." April whispered to Nick, making him nod.

        "Yeah I think she did," Nick told April back, making her watch the terrified little girl in sadness as she couldn't believe Mal's mom had treated her so horribly that she thought they would just throw her in a hospital and leave. Before they could say anything though the small girl started crying as she reached towards them.

     "Mi Apwil! ick! I wan you!" The small four year old cried out, making them quickly turn their attention back to the small girl as they sat down by her and she laid her head down on April.

         "Mi Apwil I hab owies," the small girl cried out, making April sigh as she hated seeing Mal in pain. "I know Mal. It's okay. You scared us today," April told the small girl making Mal look up as she looked at April and Nick.

         "I sowy I no me to!" The small girl told Nick and April, making April sigh as she looked at Mal trying not to freak out the very fragile little girl. "Mal, how long did you feel pain in your side," April asked the four year old trying to find out if Mal was hiding her pain or not.

           Mal just looked down in fear as she was afraid of April or Nick getting mad at her. "Since Monay I weawy sowy! I was scawed you gonna ge ma a me if I tow you, so I no tol you! Aw you ma a me fow no tew you! I weawy sowy!" Mal told April and Nick as she started crying, making the young couple quickly console the young girl.

           "Mal hey it's okay. April and I aren't mad at you. We are just worried about you, and we want you to be honest if something is hurting you or making you sick," Nick told the small girl making April join in when she could tell Mal wasn't calming down. 

           "Yeah Mal, Nick is right. When you don't tell us what's wrong then we can't help you. It's dangerous to not tell us when you don't feel right. I promise Mal no matter what you tell us we won't get mad okay. We are not Maleficent. We would never get mad at you for telling us when you don't feel right," April told the small girl making her nod.

            "Ca I ask you anyfing too," the small four year old nervously asked Nick and April making them both nod as they looked at the nervous little girl. "Yeah Mal you can ask us whatever you want to," Nick told the four year old, making her look at them again not sure if she could believe them.

             "Sure," Mal asked the young couple, making them nod again. "Yeah Mal we're sure. You can ask us anything. We won't get mad," April told Mal who nodded as she took a deep breath.

              "Otay if sure!" Mal told April and Nick, making them nod again. "Yeah Mal we're sure," both April and Nick told the small girl, making her sigh.

              "Otay am I awowed caw you mommy an daddy?" The small girl nervously asked the couple as she closed her eyes and flinched up right after asking as she was afraid of getting hit for asking.