Quidditch

It was the day of the big Quidditch game. Slytherin against Gryffindor.

Tensions against those houses were high, I never understood their petty rivalry. It was only a sport to me. But everyone was getting in on the trash talking.

Remus laid on my bed as I sat beside him, he was in such a deep sleep all I could do was watch.

A bit creepy, yes I knew.

He hadn't gotten much sleep since a moon cycle was approaching and soon he would turn. I never noticed how much it affected him until I watched him almost fall asleep during class. The bags under his eyes grew and he seemed frail, it was getting worse as the days progressed.

All I could do was be supportive.

So I suggested that he take a nap in my room, which he gladly took too. Sirius was apparently not a very good roommate when it came to being quiet during the night. Something to do with him being part dog.

After the whole drama Sirius felt a bit bad for saying what he said while incredibly drunk. He'd avoid me as much as possible when I was around Remus's courters. Although I wasn't mad at him, I tried not to think about that part of the day that much.

Remus stirred in his sleep and lazily turned onto his side. He groaned and looked up at me with first a confused expression, which morphed into a lazy smile.

He glanced down then back to my face with a small laugh.

"Cold are we?" Remus snickered with tired ease.

I looked down then lightly hit his shoulder with a laugh, "Good afternoon to you as well." I crossed my arms to cover my chest from his gaze.

Remus yawned and slowly sat up, the blanket I wrapped around him dropped. Well he did toss it towards me.

"Did we miss it?" He asked as his hands ran through his hair.

"The big game?" I said and paused for a moment, the clock on my wall was always difficult to read, "Not yet ... it starts in about an hour."

He pondered for a minute then his face lit up, "Which team are you rooting for?"

I stared at Remus for a second then when he raised his eyebrows I replied, "I love how outgoing you're becoming around me." I said instead of answering.

Remus was about to respond but my random response caught him off guard. And it was true.

Ever since we began to date he looked and acted more comfortable around me. He was showing off his true, authentic, self now that he knew I cared about him just as much as he did for me.

He then smiled and looked away with slightly pink cheeks, "That's not an answer."

"Well you obviously you know ... Slytherin?" I smiled and got up.

Remus followed after me and picked up his button up shirt off the floor. He had slept in his undershirt, which I thought he looked very handsome in. But he looked pretty in anything.

"You should root for Gryffindor, you know, red? My house, more importantly." He sloppily buttoned up a few of the buttons and pushed his floppy hair away from his eyes.

"I owe it to my house, I haven't attended any of the Slytherin games all year." I shrugged and walked to my dresser. I pulled out a grey sweater with the Slytherin emblem sewn into the front.

"All year?" He asked.

"All year." I replied.

Remus went back to button the last of his shirt with a laugh, "Well I must get back and get changed. So that I can watch the game where my Gryffindors beat your Slytherins."