Hogsmeade

That Saturday rolled around and I was up and out of bed with ease. Today was going to be perfect.

I would be going out with the guy I liked, we already kissed which made it better, and maybe this would be the first of many dates.

Now I had to pick out an outfit, the worst of all things. Outfits were things I didn't think were too important, and I could never find a good one when I needed it.

It was going to be cold, I could work with cold.

My drawers were messy and filled with clothes I didn't wear. Something's I did wear but they weren't date worthy. They weren't worthy for today.

I tried on too many outfits. An embarrassing amount. Until I found something I didn't mind. Something I could work with.

The shirt was plain and black, the skirt was a warm maroon color, black mesh tights, and a brown coat I had. It would do. At least I would be comfortable.

The teenager who splurged on outfits knew one thing, and that was to always be comfortable. And I was listening to her.

Remus told me to come and get him in his courters when I was ready, and I was ready quite fast. I had time to kill before it wouldn't be rude to get him. I couldn't wait.

This never happened to me before. I never felt this excited when going out for dates. When seeing someone. It was such an odd feeling. To think this was happening.

That I liked a man and he seemed to like me back. No, he did like me back. Why would he not?

Suddenly an hour had passed and breakfast would be in about thirty minutes. Remus had to be ready by now. He probably just got up.

My head was spinning with happiness, or spinning since I got up quite fast.

I opened my door, closed it behind me and ensured I heard the click in my lock, then I turned and walked through the teachers courters. Until I reached the one familiar door.

The door had different etchings all in its side, what I thought to be trees and animals. A crescent moon too. With a calm look upon its face. Everything was just right in the world.

Everything.

I knocked on the door, not with a lot of force, which made me surprised when it moved in. It wasn't locked. He left it unlocked for me.

That probably wasn't true, but my heart was getting very warm at the thought. The thought he was doing little things for me. And I would have to do little things for him too. Maybe even buying him some candy from Honeydukes. Those candies were always amazing.

I walked into the room. I probably should've waited outside, but I couldn't help my curiosity. The room was slightly dark, but I could make out the shapes of furniture. Bookshelves, many bookshelves, and messiness.

Lots of clothes all around. Shirts I'd never seen him wear before. The clothes led up to the bed. He must've been very messy.

I went to pick one up, but a light flickered on. I looked up and dropped the shirt, hoping to see his goofy smile.

Instead I didn't see him, I was a man with long hair. In a velvet robe, and his hair was very ... messy. He was even panting a bit. He stood in front of a hallway across the room, where the light was coming from.

"Who are you?" I asked with suspicion. My first thought was maybe he was a robber, a pretty bad one at that.

"Who are you?" He asked with my same suspicion. From what I could make out in the shadows he narrowed his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows. And his breathing came to a normal rhythm.

There was also another thought in my mind.

One that corresponded with why it was so ... messy.

"I asked you first." I forced out.

The man looked me up and down. He crossed his arms with a sigh then said, "I'm Sirius. Now you."

"Maeve. How do you know Remus?" I raised my eyebrows. My eyes were slowly adjusting to the darkness. And I could see his robe was almost slipping, he probably tied it in a haste.

That didn't help my other thought. Which was growing.

"Know him?" Sirius scoffed and threw his head back in a familiar way I knew Remus did, "I'm his boyfriend. Now how do..." He continued to talk but my brain began to tune him out.

Remus had a boyfriend. Remus was in a relationship. And he kissed me. He led me on.

It made so much sense, why he wouldn't ever let me in his room to help him with grading, why he never answered Minerva's questions about his personal relationships.

He was hiding it all from me.

For what? A kiss? A stupid, beautiful, amazing kiss?

"Well?" Sirius asked again, with a smug expression, "How do you know my boyfriend?"

"I-" An embarrassing lump in my throat stopped me from speaking, "We work together ... nothing more."

How could I fall for this? The handsome man I never bothered to look into more. I never bothered to ask  him questions.

I never should've done this, fallen for my coworker, someone I see everyday.

"Sirius? What's going," Remus shouted, walking out from the hallway, messing with his hair and buttoning up his shirt, "on." He stopped when he eyed me. I must've given it away.

That I knew he was double timing us both.

"Maeve-" Remus started but I cut him off.

"You're sick, you know that? If you're in a relationship don't kiss me." I turned around. I tried my hardest not to stumble as I walked out.

Then I did. Walk out.