Last day in the cabin

Start from the beginning

Though I quickly came to the conclusion....... I was stuck till she woke up. Trying to be sneaky, I tried to move, but that only resulted in a groan of protest from her. She just nuzzled into my shoulder a bit, getting comfortable again as I just sat there, internally screaming of how cute this was while also my predicament.

But I was saved as the front door opened, Tai and Summer walking through the front door. Upon their gazes falling on me, I couldn't help but mouth the words 'help me'.

Summer just held her hand over her mouth as she giggled. Tai just shook his head, a small smile on his face as he set down a box on the counter and walked over to me. Carefully he moved me out of the way, replacing me with a pillow. Ruby was none the wiser as she slept soundly. I let out a soft sigh as I looked at him.

F/N: "Thanks."

Tai: "Welcome."

I carefully moved away from the couch with Tai, sitting down at the table and handing me the box he had brought in, Summer heading to her room to change.

Tai: "This is what Ozpin wanted to give you."

I open it up, inside lay a small pennant, an empty slot lay in its center, the symbol of Beacon edged into the back. A few finely cut dust crystals sat in a small box of their own.

F/N: "What is it?"

Tai shrugged.

Tai: "Probably proof that Oz sent you..... but I don't know why the dust crystals?"

I gently took it out of the box holding it in my palm. Taking a hold of one of the dust crystals, the firey red one, I placed it inside the slot and I was surprised as I felt a surge of power go through my arm and a pop up appeared.

[Fire resistance achieved]

[Fire boost activated]

F/N: "Well..... that's useful."

Tai: "What does it do?"

F/N: "It gave a boost. This will be handy."

I put the dust crystals back into the little carrying case and put the whole thing and the pendant into my inventory.

F/N: "So, what did you want to know about Salem?"

Tai: ".....She was Ozpin's enemy for so long, now she's buddy buddy with him?"

F/N: "Far from buddy buddy..... but as one would say, the enemy of my enemy if my friend."

Tai: "Ya.....but, she doesn't look that powerful."

F/N: "Well..... I might have had a hand in that."

Tai: "How?"

F/N: "So, I have a skill that can purify..... so I used it on her. While she returned to being human, her control of the grimm was lost.... and a new Alpha was released."

Tai nods and looks down at his hands clasped on the table.

Tai: "And it's why you're going to Atlas?"

I just nodded a bit. Tai seemed to sense the sadness coming off me, cause I felt his hand be placed on my shoulder.

Tai: "You had good intentions and I think what happens, you'll help defeat that new alpha."

I smiled a bit and gave his hand a pat.

F/N: "Thanks."

Tai nodded as he pulled his hand back.

Tai: "Well, rest of the day is yours, spend it how you will."

F/N: "Will do."

He smiled and left to his room, probably to talk with his wife as I got up and walked outside. The breeze against my face felt nice. The cabin really was a nice place to escape the troubles of the rest of the world.