𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟗𝟓

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

The next two days passed in a blur as the four of them prepared for their filtration and attack on the Death Star. Each day, Astrid slathered on the healing ointment on her legs as Anakin would tell her, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka all he knew about the workings of the Death Star in case they were separated or he died early in their mission.

Astrid didn't particularly like the reasoning behind this, especially in regards to the later reason regarding him dying. The possibility only made her stomach curdle. 

Additionally, each day, Astrid would walk around the house, building her strength in her legs again. Already, she could tell the ointment was working because on the day before their mission, she could easily walk without Artoo's support.

"You're doing well," Ahsoka commented from where she stood leaned against the doorway, watching Astrid's progress around the room. Astrid was too focused on walking to bother with a response. She kept her eyes trained on her feet, her brow furrowed with concentration.

Ahsoka must've silently noted the hand Astrid kept trailing against the wall for safe measure because she added, "But do you think you can fight now? With your lightsaber?"

Astrid paused to look up at Ahsoka, and her brow dipped further as she frowned at the doubt she beheld in Ahsoka's voice regarding her ability to move with her injuries. Astrid's hand slipped from the wall as she folded her arms over her chest in a show of defensiveness.

"Of course," Astrid remarked sharply, and Ahsoka raised a brow.

"Well, what better way to test your limits than to have a little fighting match with me?" Ahsoka replied in a light-hearted tone as she lifted her shoulders into a shrug. "We can do the fight in the canyon."

A flicker of nervousness crossed Astrid's face at the prospect of fighting Ahsoka. Even without her injuries, she would feel a little nervous fighting the Jedi-- especially after seeing Ahsoka fighting with her twin blades when the Tuskens had attacked-- and with Astrid's injuries? The idea of fighting Ashoka was not a welcome one.

Nevertheless, Astrid nodded and pasted a confident smile on her face as she replied, "Game on."

The corner of Ahsoka's mouth lifted into a half smile. "Good. We'll do it now."

Ahsoka began striding towards the door, and Astrid followed a little reluctantly. As the two of them passed over the threshold, Anakin and Obi-Wan appeared in front of them from where they'd been doing guard duty outside, and they both wore matching looks of surprise.

"What are you two doing?" Obi-Wan asked curiously as he looked between the two of them.

"We're going to test Astrid's ability to fight with her injuries," Ahsoka replied smoothly. "We're doing it in the canyon if you want to watch."

Anakin's brows inched upwards in appraisal, and he glanced at Astrid with a hint of smile-- a hopeful smile as if he hoped Astrid wouldn't be able to fight so she couldn't come with him into the Death Star.

Astrid's eyes narrowed.

Before Astrid could say something snappy, Obi-Wan replied cheerfully, "Oh, yes I would love to watch. I haven't seen a good lightsaber match in years."

Astrid's gaze didn't move from Anakin's as she replied to Obi-Wan, "Oh, this will be a good one alright because I can fight, despite Ahsoka and Anakin's obvious doubts." Astrid didn't wait for anyone's response before she marched determinedly forward down the rocky path towards the bottom of the canyon below.