𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟓𝟓

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

The Coruscant night life was even more bustling than usual. As Astrid and Anakin wound their way through the crowded streets on the surface of Coruscant, Holonets scattered all around them broadcasted the Republic's victory over the Separatist. 

Several large screen Holonets, some of them floating in the sky, some of them embedded into the sides of the surrounding buildings, displayed the news of Count Dooku's death and General Grievous's cowardice flee, and even more Holonets showed images of Anakin, the words on the screen exclaiming in bold letters, The Chosen One and the Hero of The Republic! 

From beside her, Astrid could sense Anakin's jubilation at the sight, and his hand tightened around hers. He flashed her a grin from underneath his hood. They were both wearing hoods to stay incognito in the bustling, lively streets. 

The streets were filled with overjoyed Coruscant inhabitants, all of them wearing matching, triumphant smiles. People spilled in and out of bars, sloshing drinks as they cheered to the Republic victory and the end of the Clone Wars. 

The sights and sounds brought a smile to Astrid's face as her heart leapt with joy and excitement. After all these years of fighting, they were done. The Clone Wars was over. Astrid's hand drifted to her stomach, to the soft, discreet bulge beginning to grow there, and her smile grew. 

Her baby would be born at the perfect time. Just in time for their Republic's regrowth from the war. 

A trio of rowdy, drunk men emerged sloppily from a bar in front of her, drinks splashing in their hands, and Anakin's hand tightened on hers as he guided her away from them, effectively putting his body between her and the trio of men. 

Astrid rolled her eyes playfully at his overprotectiveness. She could still take care of herself, even if she was with child. 

Anakin must've sensed her playful annoyance because he cast her a look as he replied with a smile, "I don't want to take any chances, love." 

His eyes flicked down to her lips, and Astrid's stomach fluttered at the longing in his eyes. She clutched his arm with her free hand as she drew herself closer to him and leaned her head against his arm as they walked down the street. 

"I love you," she whispered. "And I am so proud of you." She peered up at him through her lashes as she added with a smirk, "Chosen One." 

Anakin shook his head with amusement. "And I love you, too," he replied in a low, raspy voice. "If I could, I would kiss you right now. But that will have to wait until we reach the apartment." 

Her lips tugged upwards at the mention of the apartment he'd rented for the night so they could celebrate the war and her recent news in private, away from the watchful eyes of the Jedi. Anakin led her down another block until they reached the entrance of a fancy looking building with gilded doors. 

"This is it?" Astrid asked in surprise, thrown off by the building's splendor. How much had this cost?

"Yeah," Anakin replied, tugging her towards the doors. 

Astrid allowed him to lead her into the building, feeling much out of place in the expensive, high-class building with her ordinary, if not slightly drab, clothes. Her dusty boots clipped quietly on the gleaming, white marble floors of the front foyer. 

Astrid felt like she should be wearing a beautiful gown with silk slippers, her hair artfully styled and jeweled. Instead, her hair was swiftly braided back, and she'd only bothered to sling on a dark cloak over her Jedi robes before she'd escaped out the Jedi Temple with Anakin.