𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟑𝟗

❝𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒂 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒑!❞ -- 𝑨𝒅𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒍 𝑨𝒄𝒌𝒃𝒂𝒓

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

"Be careful," Astrid told Ahsoka as her and Commander Fox walked out onto the landing platform to leave for the military base. 

Ahsoka cracked a smile and, in an effort to ease the Jedi Knight's obvious worry, remarked, "You're beginning to sound like Anakin."

That only brought a feeble smile to Astrid's lips.

Ahsoka beckoned towards Commander Fox as she added, "Besides, I have Commander Fox to keep me safe, if I even need his help to do that--" A laugh "--and I'm going to be in a Republic military base. Nothing can hurt me there. Nobody would even dare to attack." 

"I know," Astrid sighed, shoulders slumping as they stopped before the waiting starship. "I only wish I could go with you, myself."

Ahsoka settled a hand on the Jedi's shoulder as she told her friend softly, "Don't worry, Astrid. I can handle myself. I'll be back in no time with the answers we need." 

From behind them, Commander Fox headed into the starship, and a moment later the engines began to fire, causing Astrid's hair to whip in front of her face while Ahsoka's headsails only swayed in the ensuing gust of wind. 

"Well, you better be back!" Astrid shouted over the whirl of the engines. "If not, Anakin will kill me!" 

Ahsoka smiled at the thought of her overprotective master, and she shouted back, "I doubt that, Astrid. He loves you." 

Astrid's eyes widened at Ahsoka's words, and she fumbled for words, momentarily speechless. Ahsoka rolled her eyes playfully at her friend. Astrid was clueless to the depth of Anakin's feelings. 

Sparing Astrid from having to respond, Ahsoka dipped her head in farewell before she turned and ran into the waiting starship. She stopped just inside the starship and turned back to where Astrid stood on the landing pad, her brown Jedi cloak billowing behind her in the ferocious wind. 

Ahsoka offered her friend a wave, but then the bay doors sealed shut in front of her with a thud, cutting Astrid off from view. The roar of the wind vanished, and the ensuing silence inside the ship made Ahsoka uneasy. Ahsoka took a deep, calming breath in an effort to combat the worry that had managed to creep into her mind, as well. 

Why would Letta only talk to her? Ahsoka didn't even know this woman. 

 Ahsoka felt the starship beginning to lift off of the ground, so she headed into the cockpit where Commander Fox was piloting the ship. She slid into the co-pilot's seat. Their starship passed right over the massive, domed Senate building that towered even the highest skyscrapers. In the distance, Ahsoka could spot the rectangular grey metal building that was the Republic military base.

Surrounding the base in the grey slated sky were security checkpoints meant for military personnel only. Thankfully, Ahsoka was technically a commander in the Clone Wars, and she had Commander Fox with her, so they were free to go through the checkpoint without much hassle. 

When they arrived at the base, they went through another series of security checkpoints before finally, the clones requested she relinquish her comlink and lightsabers for the time being. She readily handed over her comlink, but when it came to her lightsabers, Ahsoka paused, hesitating.