𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟓

❝𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒏 𝑶𝒏𝒆. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅. 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒉, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒐 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒙𝒚. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕.❞ -- 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝑨𝒏𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏 𝑺𝒌𝒚𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒆𝒓

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

There was a hiss as Astrid and Anakin's lightsabers clashed in a plasmic flurry of blue. Astrid gritted her teeth as she pushed down harder on Anakin's lightsaber in the hopes that he might give way, but he refused to budge. 

In fact, it only prompted him to return the action, and she felt her strength beginning to flag as her lightsaber drew down closer to her chest, her arms giving away beneath his powerful push. 

"Stop!" Master Kenobi called out with a wave of his hands, and Anakin immediately withdrew. 

Astrid let out a breath and swiped a hand across her sweat-beaded brow. She needed water. Her and Anakin had been at it for an hour and a half now, and she seemed to have accomplished nothing new. 

Her fighting skills with the lightsaber were dismal at worse and mediocre at best. 

Astrid could hear the sounds of lightsaber fighting from behind her, and as Master Kenobi gave Anakin some advice, she turned towards the fighting to watch. Marilyn and Ida were facing off, green lightsabers gleaming in their hands. Ida pounced towards Marilyn, her lightsaber a green blur in the air, and Marilyn quickly brought her lightsaber up to block the attack. 

The lightsabers clashed in a flurry of green sparks. 

"Astrid," Master Kenobi called out from behind her, and Astrid quickly whipped back around with a sheepish look. Master Kenobi had an eyebrow raised. "Focus, young one. That is the way to success." 

Astrid ducked her head in embarrassment and humility. "Of course, master. I apologize." 

He smiled gently and instructed, "Astrid, your strength lies in your small stature. This makes you faster than most of your opponents." He indicated towards Anakin, who stood just out of earshot with his arms crossed as he waited for the duo to finish their conversation.

"Anakin, for example, is strong, so he can use brute strength to overpower his opponent. But with your speed, you can get inside his defenses, making it difficult for him to overpower you with pure strength." 

Astrid nodded solemnly, drinking in his advice like a parched woman finally receiving water. "Understood," she replied. She ignited her lightsaber once more. "Permission to begin fighting, master?" 

Anakin shifted into a fighting stance as Master Kenobi nodded and moved out of the way. Astrid and Anakin circled each other like wolves, ignited lightsabers angled up in front of their bodies. Lightning fast, Astrid advanced, and the tip of her lightsaber brushed Anakin's sleeve before he brought his lightsaber up to block. 

Their faces were within two feet of each other as their lightsabers clashed, and he inhaled sharply in pain and hissed, "You aren't supposed to actually hurt me, Astrid." 

Astrid winced in apology. Suddenly, Anakin brought his foot up and kicked her square in the stomach. She flew backwards several feet and hit the ground hard. Thankfully, she managed to hold onto her lightsaber.