𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟕𝟓

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

"You have two beautiful twins, a boy and a girl," Ann told Astrid as she brought the two swaddled babies to Astrid's side. 

Astrid remained clutching Cleo's hand as Cleo grabbed her arm and helped Astrid sit up in bed. When Astrid was settled, Ann handed the twins to her, and Astrid sucked in a breath as the babies were gently placed in the crooks of her arms. The two babies both had soft, porcelain skin, but that was the only similarity. 

The girl had wispy dark brown hair and intelligent looking hazel eyes, while the boy had thin blonde hair and crushing blue eyes like his father. There was an innocence in the boy's face that both warmed and broke Astrid's heart. Astrid lifted a finger to the girl's small, fragile hand, and her heart burst as the baby's fingers curled around her own finger. 

"Leia," she spoke softly with a smile as she gazed down at her beautiful baby girl. Her eyes shifted to the boy, and she added gently, "And Luke." 

"Beautiful names," Cleo replied wistfully, her gaze softened as she gazed at the twins. Astrid peered up at her friend with a smile before she looked back down at the twins. 

Astrid ran a gentle finger down Luke's cheek as she said adoringly, "They're beautiful like their father." A sad smile pulled at her lips as she continued, "Leia has her father's rebelliousness. I can see it in her eyes." Astrid gave a playful laugh when Leia grinned toothlessly at her before giving a small, chortling laugh in response. Astrid's gaze shifted to Luke as she added, "And Luke has his father's kind, soft heart. It's his innocent look that gives him away." 

Astrid's eyes were heavy with exhaustion, but she forced herself to remain awake just so that she could gaze at her twins and relish their brief time together before they would have to separate. A quiet laugh escaped her as Luke gave her a toothless smile that matched his sister's, and she bent down to brush a kiss to his forehead before doing the same for Leia. 

Cleo must've noticed Astrid's exhaustion because she suggested gently, "You should rest, Astrid. I'll watch over them until you wake." 

Astrid's heart sank at the thought of having to let go of her babies, but she was too tired to protest as Ann stepped forward and scooped them out of Astrid's arms and into her arms. Meanwhile, Cleo helped Astrid shift to lay back down, and Astrid winced with each ache her movements brought her. It felt as if her entire body was sore. 

Astrid finally settled into place underneath the covers, and Cleo gave her a small, reassuring smile before she slipped from the room. Astrid's eyes drifted closed, and sleep found her easily. 

The sound of a door opening brought Astrid to half consciousness, and in her dream-addled head, she reached languidly across the bed for Anakin's familiar presence. Her hand brushing against the cold sheets was shocking enough to jerk her entirely awake, and Astrid sat up in bed with a small gasp as the events of yesterday crashed down upon her like a pile of bricks. 

Judging by the lighting in her room, it was early morning, and a quick glance towards the window showed a sky painted in soft hues of blue, dandelion yellow, and pink. Movement to her left caught her attention, and Astrid's eyes snapped to the bedroom door. She startled at the sight of Bail, who was turning as if to leave the room upon finding her asleep. 

"Bail," she spoke, her voice raspy with sleep, and he turned towards her in surprise. 

A warm smile blossomed across his face as his eyes met hers, and he greeted, "I'm glad to see you're well, Astrid. Congratulations."