𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟐

❝𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙡𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙨.❞ -- 𝙈𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙔𝙤𝙙𝙖

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

Anakin began walking forward into the cavernous room, and Astrid watched as he studied a crystal imbedded in the rock. He grabbed it and tried to yank it out of the rock to no avail. He sighed as he remarked, "Well, at least I know this crystal was not meant for me."

He ambled further into the room as Astrid remained where she stood. She lifted her head to gaze at the towering rock formations around her. Her eyes caught on a flicker of light much brighter than the rest of the crystals, and she paused.

She narrowed her eyes as she zeroed in on the brighter crystal. It was roughly thirty feet off the ground-- nearly three stories high-- embedded in the rock of one of the cave's rock formations.

She let out a breath, instinctively knowing that this crystal was hers. She sidled up to the rough-hewed wall of rock and found an easy handhold. Gritting her teeth, she braced a foot on the ground before hauling herself up.

Her arms groaned with effort as she began to climb the wall. She kept her eyes upwards and in front of her, not daring to look down as she broke out into a sweat. Her hands were slick as she reached up and grasped the next handhold.

"Hey!" Anakin called up, and Astrid's breath hitched as she automatically looked down to see him standing at the base of the wall. There was a glimmer of light in his hand, and Astrid knew he had somehow found his kyber crystal.

Her body was trembling with effort, and her vision swam dizzyingly before her as she stared down at Anakin twenty feet below. Damn it she was high.

She quickly looked back up, and Anakin assured her, "If you fall, I'll catch you with the Force."

She gave a shaky nod without bothering to look down and began to climb one more. Her fingers were aching from gripping onto the divots in the rock wall, and her shoulders burned with the exertion

It felt as if she had been climbing for an hour when she finally reached that glimmering crystal. She let out a relieved breath and stretched out a hand as she reached out and grabbed it before yanking it out.

Except, it remained embedded in the rock, catching her off balance in her surprise. She let out a yelp as her momentum carried her backwards, and she scrambled at the wall for another handhold with her free hand as she began to fall backwards.

Her feet slipped from the rock until she was only hanging on to the wall with one hand, nearly thirty feet from the ground. "Anakin!" she cried out. "I'm about to fall!"

Her fingers began to slip from her handhold, and pain sliced along her fingers as her skin grated against the rough rock. "Let go!" Anakin shouted up. "I can catch you!" There was a pause, then he muttered quietly, "I think."

But his words echoed in the cavernous room, carrying up to Astrid, and she shrieked in panic, "You think?"

He didn't have a moment to answer before her fingers slipped entirely from the rock, and she fell with a scream of fear, the ground moving towards her at alarming speed. "Ana-" she began to scream, but suddenly she stopped falling mid-air, and the rest of her words jammed in her throat.

She stared down at the ground just ten feet below with wide eyes. Her lungs heaved for air as she hung suspended in the air. Her gaze slid to where Anakin stood five feet away with his hand extended towards her and brow furrowed in concentration as he stared at her.