Secret Room

To say that Amity is nervous is an understatement.

She can feel her hands shaking as she clutches her dress. She was standing at the entrance of the public library, anxiously looking for any sign of Luz Noceda.

Amity wasn't even sure why she was so nervous. It's not like they didn't talk every single day over text. Hell, it's like they didn't see each other every day in school during class. Amity sighed.

This was different than those circumstances. Over text, Amity could choose what tone of voice she wanted to have. She could choose what words she wanted, because she had more than one chance. She could delete a message from her phone before it was ever sent.

And at school, they had two classes together, but they never actually ever really spoke during class. It was some unspoken rule between them that they never broke. To only interact over text. Dumb fucking rule, if you asked Amity.

While Luz was super fun to talk to over text, nothing ever quite matched the energy as the first time they spoke, face to face.

Maybe that's why Amiy was so damn nervous. Maybe she was worried that today, she wouldn't feel that same energy that she did last week.

Maybe.

Suddenly, Amity felt overdressed.

...

Luz, even though she left early, was running late. She was to meet Amity at noon, and it was nearly 12:05. It wasn't like she was an hour late, but Luz never liked to be even a little late to things like this. When someone was waiting for you, and when you would disappoint them if you didn't show.

Not that Amity would be disappointed if she didn't show.

But still, it was the principle of the thing.

Luz was practically running down the sidewalk, and up the entrance of the library.

From a distance, she could see Amity's brown hair blowing gently in the breeze. Amity's hair wasn't super long, but it was super pretty. Luz wanted nothing more than to reach up and sink her hands into Amity's hair. Just to feel how soft it probably was.

When Luz was close enough to see Amity's outfit, she couldn't help a huge smile from forming on her lips. She was wearing a dress that made the pale skin of her face stand out in the most beautiful way possible.

"Amity!" Luz yelled, waving her hands in the air to get the girl's attention. Amity looked up, and Luz could see, from nearly ten feet away, the blush that rose to her cheeks. "You look nice."

Amity smiled. "And why are you all dressed up?" She motioned to Luz's dress shirt and nicer pants.

Luz laughed. "I could ask you the same thing, princess."

Amity crossed her arms. "Well, excuse me for wanting to dress up to see you."

"You got all dressed up for me?"

Amity's blush doubled in hue, and Luz couldn't help but smile. "Well, yeah. I mean no! Can't a girl just get dressed up because she wants to?"

"Well, yeah a girl can do that. But you like, just said that you got all fancy just to see little ol' me," Luz said, her face smug. "And I'm never gonna let you live it down."

"Says the person who also dressed up." Amity pointed directly at her in an accusing manner. "And what did you get all dressed up for, anyways?"

Luz thought for a moment, and then put a particularly smug smirk on. "Can't a girl just get dressed up because she wants to?"