Chapter 33

a/n: trigger warning. Draco is not a nice person, and I refuse to write him as such. I think he's a very misunderstood person, however it doesn't stop him from hurting people he shouldnt. There is mild violence in this chapter. There is also depictions of captivity and being held against their will.

I was still shivering slightly when I stepped into the hallway again. My mind was completely hazed over from Draco's words being purred into my ear. My hair was copper again, and all I could think about was his voice telling me he preferred redheads.

I shook my head quickly, trying to clear it. I had a job to do, and I needed to focus. Ginny was worried about the Trio, and I told her I would find out anything I could. I walked silently toward the Carrows' office, careful not to make any unwanted sounds as I neared the door. I held my breath, desperately trying not to get caught. The first voice I heard startled me.

"What does the Dark Lord want to do?" Draco asked, his voice ringing clear behind the door. He was speaking loud, louder than I had ever heard him speak.

He knew I was going to be trying to spy. Why in the world was he making this too easy on me?

"He hasn't told you? Hmm, the 'Golden Boy' doesn't even know the Dark Lord's plans? Pity, Malfoy." I heard Amycus snarl, barking out a laugh after.

"Now now, Amycus, we will place nicely." Snape's drawling voice spoke softly.

"Severus, stop speaking as if you are above us. The Dark Lord asked us to come to Hogwarts because he barely trusts you. You must see that." Alecto sighed, her voice mundane and bored.

"Alecto, I do ask that you not speak on matters which don't pertain to you. I requested the two of you here, just as I requested young Mr. Malfoy. The Dark Lord knows my allegiance is with him, and him alone." Snape snapped. I raised my eyebrows silently, leaning closer to the door.

"If you are in his close circle, Severus, why don't you advise us on what his wishes are?" Draco asked, his voice still raised an octave. Snape paused for a long moment, and I desperately wanted to be a fly on the wall.

"The Dark Lord has knowledge of Potter's whereabouts. Potter and his friends have been careful, but not careful enough. Tomorrow at daybreak, Snatchers will descend upon his hiding place and capture him." Snape said, evenly. I heard Alecto cackle manically.

"Potter? Really, Severus? What are our orders?" Amycus asked, his foul and sneering mood being wiped completely clean.

"Once Potter and his friends are dead, we are to bring forward any students that still have allegiance to him and have them publicly executed. The Dark Lord wants to make a show of what happens when you remain loyal to the wrong side." Snape said. I swallowed audibly, feeling my heart quicken in my chest.

My mind raced, picturing Neville, Ginny, Luna and myself being dragged forward in the middle of the Hogwarts grounds. We would be lined up next to each other, like prisoners of war. I could feel the sweat dripping down my temple as I imagined that fateful flash of green light. Maybe they would be merciful, and not torture us before. I highly doubted it, and my throat became impossibly dry.

"As he should. I think it's genius. Start with the Weasley girl, and work our way down." Amycus cried, his voice filled with glee.

"Shh, Amycus. I heard something." Alecto said, suddenly. My heart galloped in my chest, and I wondered if they could hear it from behind the door.

"It's probably the first year in the office." Amycus offered, his voice still light and breezy.

"No. No, I heard something else. Draco...go investigate." Alecto snapped. Before I could move, the door to the office cracked open.