Chapter 38

a/n: detailed sexual content. 18+. also, trigger warning: detailed description of torture after first scene skip. please use discretion when reading, or skip the third paragraph after the scene skip.

We lay together on the bed, still in silence, neither of us daring to break the spell. Draco had reached over me and pulled a blanket over us, but other than that we hadn't moved. Hadn't spoken. The air between us was heavy.

Suddenly, Draco's door was flung open. I gasped, pulling the duvet up under my chin. Draco sat up in shock.

Lucius stood in the doorway, large and towering, blocking the light from the hallway. His cold blue eyes fell on me first, then to Draco, and finally to the mess of our clothing on the floor.

"Draco, get up and dressed." He snapped.

"Father---I'm--," Draco said, his eyes darting toward me.

"Yes, I can see that you're--indecent-- but the Dark Lord has graciously decided to pay us a visit. I suggest you get your...play thing out of here, quickly. The Greengrass family is waiting downstairs." Lucius said, indignantly.

My blood went icy, and I bit back a whimper. Voldemort was coming to the Manor, and I was naked in Draco's bed. I had just slept with him, professed my love to him, and suddenly we were being separated.

Lucius backed out of the room, shooting one last stern glance at Draco as he shut the door. Immediately, Draco turned to me and grabbed my arms.

"Get up. Get your dress on. You have to leave, now." Draco said, his voice rushed. He flew out of the bed, throwing my dress toward me and yanking on his pants.

"Draco--" I started, not sure of what I was going to say. What are we? I love you? Come with me? Don't leave? I'll see you at school?

Nothing seemed to fill the moment. I felt as if I couldn't breathe.

"Elizabeth, please. Get dressed. Go!" Draco implored, baring his teeth at me. The fear on his face kicked me back into gear, and I yanked the gold dress back up my body, zipping it with lightening speed. Draco buttoned his shirt faster than I could imagine, turning to face me. I shoved my feet back into the heels and desperately tried to smooth my hair down.

Draco grabbed my arm and pulled, yanking me toward the door. I allowed myself to be towed down stairs and into the ballroom, in which the party was still roaring with life and laughter. A massive group of Death Eaters stood by the apparation point, as if waiting for something to happen. My blood went cold.

"There's Astoria. Go with her." Draco said urgently, practically shoving me toward Astoria. She was looking at me with fear in her eyes, and she reached her hands toward me.

"Lizzie, dear, it really is time for us to go!" Mrs. Greengrass said, her voice high and full of fake pleasantry. Beside her, Narcissa was looking at me coldly, but urgently. When I made eye contact with her, she shifted ever so slightly--

And beckoned me toward the Greengrasses.

A moment of confusion crossed over me. Narcissa, helping me to leave? Trying to get me to the apparation point? The fierce look in her eye told me she was serious, so I started forward.

Draco's hand never left my arm as he walked me toward the apparation point.

"Draco--please just be careful. I'll--" I stuttered, turning to look at him. His eyes softened as they looked back at me.

"I will, Clarke, now go." Draco urged, and I pulled my arm away from him, meeting Astoria's hands.

"You'll tell me everything when we get back." She murmured in my ear, and I sighed, nodding.

Silence is DeafeningOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara