Chapter 13

"Lizzie? Aren't you supposed to be going to Hogsmeade?" Bonnie asked, poking her finger into my cheek. I groaned loudly, pulling my pillow over my head. She resorted to poking me in the fleshy part of my side, making me yelp loudly and jump out of bed.

"W-what?" I yawned, wiping sleep out of my eyes.

"Hogsmeade. You said you wanted to go." Bonnie tried again.

"Oh. Oh! Yeah! Yeah, just let me get up. Are you coming?" I asked, quickly getting out of bed. I ran to my chest of drawers, immediately hunting for something to wear.

"Er, no. I've been so many times now. Plus, I like to go once it's snowing. I'll come to the January one!" She promised. My shoulders sagged a little.

"Astoria?" I asked, looking over at her. She raised her head to look at me and shook it, frowning slightly.

"I know that Weasley usually goes. You could meet up with her." Bonnie offered, and I smiled. "Yeah, I guess so. I mean, it'll be fun regardless of who goes. I've never been." I said, deciding on a black turtleneck sweater, grey plaid skirt and black tights.

"Well, you better go. I know they leave at 8 sharp. By the clock tower!" Bonnie called, as I was grabbing a pair of boots and tearing down the stairs. As I neared the bottom, I heard loud voices in the common room.

Draco was sitting on the couch, with Crabbe and Goyle on either side of him. Pansy Parkinson, a pug faced girl with a very upturned nose and an underbite, was sitting across the lounge table from him, jabbering away about all that she was going to buy in Hogsmeade. Draco was saying nothing, not even making eye contact with her. As I came out of the stairs, all eyes went to me.

Draco stared at me for a long moment. Without breaking his gaze, he turned his chin slightly toward Pansy.

"What place did you say you wanted to visit?" he asked in a bored voice. Pansy's face lit up like a tree at Christmas time. I noticed that her cheeks turned very pink. She leaned forward eagerly and put her hand on his knee.

"Madam Puddifoot's! Oh, Draco, you'll love it. Not as noisy as the Three Broomsticks, not nearly as dingy as Hog's Head, it's absolutely perfect for a more intimate gathering." She squealed. Draco looked at me, finally raising his eyebrows ever so slightly.

He was sizing me up. He wanted to see how I was going to react. He wanted me to get mad, or rage like he had the night before. I would be damned if I showed any bit of emotion.

I completely wiped my face clean, and strolled toward the door. Pansy was still gushing about their plans at Hogsmeade.

"Sure, sure. Fine. Let's go." I heard Draco say, and I heard the sound of them getting up just moments before I slipped through the common room door. Once I was out, I made sure to have a very large head start on them. I didn't want to hear Pansy's high pitched squealy voice for any longer than was absolutely necessary. By the time I heard the common room door open again, I was halfway down the hall.

I reached the clock tower before them, and immediately spotted Ginny. She was lingering near Dean Thomas, another Gryffindor, and she smiled brightly when she saw me.

"Lizzie! You're coming to Hogsmeade?" she asked. I nodded, coming to stand beside her. Luna was there, looking around mystically at the arching doorway.

"Where's Blaise?" she asked, looking around me to the entrance way. I turned to look with her and saw Draco walking out, Pansy hooked on his arm. He looked at me for a split second and smirked, then looked away toward Pansy. I felt a white hot flash of anger flood over me.