Chapter 41

"I think she may be coming 'round now. Her shakes have begun to subside. Looks like she hit her head fairly badly." a soft voice floated into my ears, rousing me from a deep sleep.

I squeezed my eyes tightly and blinked, automatically wanting to recoil from the harsh sunlight. I looked around the room, which was pale blue and light. Sheer white curtains covered the big windows and cast shadows on the quilt over me, which looked hand knitted and was very warm. Just to my right was a figure, and I turned my head quickly toward it.

Luna smiled sweetly at me, her lip busted and split. She looked tired, and a little skinnier than the last time I saw her. However, she was smiling, she was alive and she looked relatively unhurt.

"Oh, Luna!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around her and yanking her in a hug. She laughed breathlessly, trying to keep her balance after my sudden attack. I squeezed her so hard I'm sure it was painful, but she didn't seem to mind.

"Hullo Lizzie! I hope you're feeling okay. We gave you some pain relief potions, so you may be feeling a little dizzy." She explained, in her feather light voice. I beamed at her, too happy to even speak. It was Luna, she was safe and unharmed. She was right in front of me. She had gotten out of the Manor.

The Manor.

The memories of Hermione screaming came back to me like a tsunami. Immediately, I whipped my head around to scan the room, ignoring the sudden rush of vertigo.

"Hermione--?" I asked, feeling Luna patting the back of my hand softly.

"Hermione is recovering even better than you. She's been downstairs eating beans and toast for a bit now. You've been out all night." A deep voice said, and I looked around Luna.

"Bill---where are we?" I asked, as I took in Bill Weasley standing beside the door. He was holding a cup of tea, and he hurried to place it beside my bed.

"It's mine and Fleur's home, on the coast of Britain. Ron instructed Dobby to take you all here. We didn't know--but I'm glad you all came here. You're safe here." Bill said, matter-of-factly. Luna nodded dreamily, smiling at him.

"You and Fleur have been so wonderful. Hermione's arm looks good as new!" Luna said, brightly.

"Her arm?" I asked, dreading the answer.

"Broken in three places." Luna answered, as if she were presenting a trophy to someone. Most people would find Luna's optimism aggravating or unsettling; I was thankful. It felt like someone was submerging my brain in a warm bath. It was reassuring that we weren't doing all of this for nothing.

I swung my legs to the side of the bed, eager to rejoin the others.

"No, don't feel like--" Bill started, holding up his hands toward me.

"Please, Bill. I feel like I've lost so much time already. I'm fine, really. I feel okay." I assured him, standing for good measure. I was dressed in what I assumed was Fleur's clothing--a frilly white blouse with a bow near the neckline, and a pair of jeans that I could only assume she got from Muggle shopping in Paris.

"Right then. Harry, Ron, Dean and Hermione are downstairs. Mr. Ollivander is still recovering--I ask you not disturb him, he took quite a hit. Griphook is in another bedroom, but he wanders every now and again. He won't talk to you if you don't talk to him--that's probably best for you." Bill explained, and Luna nodded seriously.

"Dean? Mr. Ollivander? Luna...you've all been down in the cellar together?" I asked, as we all began to descend down the narrow staircase.

"Well, Mr. Ollivander was there before me. Dean came after...right around when Tonks' dad was killed. I'm not sure when Griphook arrived, I was unconscious for a few days, you see." Luna said, her voice dropping lowly as we passed in front of a closed door. We made our way to the sitting room, where voices floated out.