~Caskets & Chains~

Start from the beginning

But only one question remained...

Where the fuck was she?

~

New York...was where it all began for the two...

And even though he was confused about where home was, he was sure that this was the closest place to it there was. It's ironic how he hated the city when he first got here, but now he had come to notice that it was just like her.

Hidden and obscure...chaotic and turbulent. So many secrets embedded with every sidewalk...yet if found a way to deceive and fool people into thinking more than one thing about it. It was more than what met the eye and was different from stereotypes and covers.

He once had hated it...but he had grown to love it.

Just like her...

But one thing was different.

He had never hated her in the beginning. He had always been in love with her.

They all decided to dig up Midnight's grave first since it was the most recent death and Aria's grave would be a lot harder to dig through.

Luca hated it but it was the only way. And he knew that it was the only way to be sure if she had faked her death. Right now, he was just going off of guesses. He had no proof that his Diavola had faked her death like Katrina had done and if she had done it ten years ago as Aria.

Thinking of her motives, he knew that the people she had put out of business with her reign as King had upset a lot of cruel people. Including Alexei and Viktor Ivanov, whose whole source of power came from the black market. They didn't know that she was the King, they didn't know of her power. If people were after the King then the first thing they would do was to go after his right hand.

And they did.

She was the perfect person to go after, and they succeeded.

But she let it happen. She let them kill her.

His smart, smart Diavola.

How he wishes he could applaud her right now.

~

1:00 a.m. The cemetery for the King's members New York.

"We thought you wouldn't be here?" Katrina asked, knowing this wasn't the best place for him to be right now.

Luca shrugged, keeping his mouth shut about his theories. He wouldn't say anything until he was sure that there wasn't a body in the casket. For now, he would play the heartbroken lover and sulk and act like he hadn't just realized that the love of his life was alive and in hiding.

Everyone was busy, digging through feet of dirt, slowly making their way to her casket. Katrina saw his Maserati pull up and walked to him, hiding his view of the grave that was being penetrated.

Even though the triplets weren't allowed in the U. S by the King's order, they still insisted on going to find out if all of them were in danger because the King was being targeted. Everyone didn't argue knowing this affected them because this involved Aria.

The triplets, the Italians, and New Yorkers were hard at work with shovels under the night.

"Couldn't sleep," he monotoned. Katrina nodded and looked back at the writing on the headstone.

She was about to say something when a heavy clink sounded behind her.

"We got something," Blade spoke to them. Katrina and Luca walked over to them, helping them lift out the casket.