~Mercy~

-"Touch her and I'll break your neck."-

______________________________

Dressed in a dress that showed more than it was intended, she eyed him like a piece of meat. He rolled his eyes, showing his disinterest. Before Midnight, he would have been turned on and would have pulled her into a room, but now he only wanted Midnight and no one else.

A couple of years ago, Luca was in the U.S and met Miss Bianca Bevv, a world-famous supermodel. One thing led to another and they ended up hooking up. More than once. But after that, Luca never spoke to her again.

Bianca started walking over, and he tensed, not wanting Midnight doubting his loyalty. He didn't want anyone else but if Bianca said anything to her -he was going to put a bullet in between her eyes. He wasn't proud of his fuckboy acts years ago and he regretted them with everything in his being.

But what was done, was done. All he could do now was live with the consequences and do everything he could to make up for them. He was whipped and he knew it but he didn't mind it.

"I'll be back," he grumbled before disappearing as he walked out of view. He wanted to stay with her to make sure Alexei didn't try anything but had to take care of Bianca first. Midnight thought nothing of it and just nodded at him as Alexei led her to a meeting room.

He sat at one of the booths in the corner, with a scotch in his hand and his blood boiling. He was possessive that she was alone with him, but he trusted her even though he didn't trust Alexei.

He was annoyed that Bianca was here, but he managed to avoid her.

"Hey, baby," a feminine voice greeted as she stood next to him. Her cleavage was right in his view and he cringed at the implants. He almost threw up at the nickname.

"Don't call me that and go away," he grumbled, his voice low and lethal. Any sane person would have gotten the memo but she didn't seem to process the words.

She sat in front of him, batting her eyelashes and pulling down her already exposing dress.

He wanted to barf.

"You look tense. Let me take care of you," she said seductively. She slid her hand underneath the table to stroke his inner thigh. An expression of annoyance made its way onto his face followed by anger.

He caught her hand before it could slide any further and twisted it painfully. She shrieked and immediately retracted her hand.

"Get out of my face and don't ever talk to me again," he seethed. Her face formed into what looked like anger, but her lack of experience made her look like a clown pouting.

"It's because of that whore, isn't it? The slut with the black hair? I bet that bitch-" she screeched before Luca pulled her into a corner where no one could see and put his hand around her neck, cutting off her words.

"Watch your mouth," he said calmly, body going rigid. She gasped for air as Luca tightened his grip.

"Stay away from me or I will kill you. Do you understand?" he said dangerously calmly. She nodded frantically and he released his hold, making her fall to the floor.

He was gone in an instant. He went outside and was about to pull out a cigarette when a group of men his age walked by. He caught snippets of their conversation absent-mindedly.

"Did you see that piece of ass that walked through the door a few minutes ago? The one with the Don and Ivanov? Did you see what she was wearing too? God, she was asking for it. If I can get her alone then I'll be gone for the night," he laughed. The group of men all laughed afterward and agreed by making whistling noises.

Luca pulled the cigarette out of his mouth slowly, head turning in their direction. He blew out the smoke in a low breath as his body went rigid. Getting up from his seat, he put the cigarette out.

It had been so long since he had punched someone.

The last time he had fought was the spar with Midnight. And he didn't want to land any hits in case he hurt her and that was the main reason why he let her win. He was three times bigger than her and had more muscle mass...of course, he tried his best to not hurt her and let her pin him to the wall even though he could've easily pushed her back.

And he might've only sparred her because he just wanted to touch her...

He stalked over to them as his pupil shrank and his eyes grew clear with absolute lividness. They didn't see his fist clench as hard as his jaw as they walked into the dark alley.

All he saw was red as he threw the first hit. His way of killing and torturing was much more horrendous and vile than Midnight. He was bloodthirsty and craved havoc. He was out of control as blood spewed all over the pavement. He had no control and had no limits.

Midnight was controlled and gave punishments that were fit for the acts of traitors and sinners. She knew what she was doing and could stop her blood lust if she tried hard enough. She had boundaries and restraint.

But Luca didn't have that.

He killed without warning. Without hesitation. No self-control whatsoever when he had something set in his mind. He was wrath's definition. All logic flew out the window when he wanted to hurt someone.

He was the best fighter and the 2nd most dangerous person in the world for a reason.

The first was the King.

He was tied with Midnight.

He was cruel and knew no forgiveness or mercy.

He didn't even know he was beating dead bodies. He didn't know she ran out to him, confused as to why he was beating dead bodies. She ran to him and but pulled him away, and held his face in her hands as they stood face to face.

"Luca, please calm down. Talk to me," she soothed, her melodic and angelic voice comforting him in a way that she didn't know possible.

She held his face and pressed her body against him, needing to be close to him. He had his hands at his side still locked into his stupor. The red finally cleared out from his eyes, and he was able to think again. He wrapped his bloody hands around her waist, staining her clothes, but she didn't care.

He put his head into the crook of her neck, nuzzling himself in. She felt a sense of calm rush over her as his actions confirmed that he was okay. But at the same time, she felt her skin tingle and sweat while a swarm of butterflies caged in her stomach.

These new feelings made her so confused and doubtful. In the back of her mind, she couldn't help thinking that he would completely shatter her and leave her like how everyone else did. Like he was just using her as the new flavor of the month before he tossed her to the side.

She had her walls built up too high, that even she didn't know how to take them down.

The truth is...she's damaged goods. She was born as damaged goods.

And the pieces were starting to be put back together for the first time. And she didn't know if she liked the change. She was never good at it.

But things are taking a turn.

A turn for the worse.