Guy's Night Out

Justin slammed the receiver of the phone back on the cradle, hearing an ominous crack from the plastic handset. It was unreal that the only phone in the entire place was an ancient landline that was probably as old as his grandmother.

"What the hell was he thinking?" the tiny frail lady questioned harshly.

Justin spared a surprise glance towards his elderly Omega grandmother, taken aback for a moment by the slight swear word. In her own words, his grandmother had always strived to be the very picture of elegance and grace and had declared loudly that swearing was a poor substitute for a good vocabulary.

Despite his brief shock, Justin was already moving towards the doorway of his grandmother's sitting room.

"I'm not sure, Mimi. The police station just said to come quickly, or they may have to press charges. They didn't give a lot of details, so I'm on my way there now."

Justin saw his grandmother nod and turn back to wringing her hands as she looked out the window. He was going to beat his brother's ass for whatever foolishness he'd gotten into this time.

~~~~~

Striding up to the counter in the busy police station, Justin walked into chaos. He was sure the police station was always a busy place, but tonight it seemed to be ready to burst. As he drew nearer to the counter, he saw a large Alpha looming over the reception desk, and heard him give a low menacing growl that conveyed anger and frustration. When Justin was close enough to see around the bulk of the Alpha, he saw that the victim of the growl was a petite brunette Omega who was valiantly trying to maintain her composure in the face of the looming Alpha threat.

"I'm sorry, Sir, but I don't normally work out here. They needed an extra hand, so I volunteered. I'll find out the information you need. If you could just have a seat -"

"You are an incompet -" the Alpha's growl gained in volume and ferocity as he cut off the trembling Omega, but he bit it off as Justin entered his space.

"What?" the snarly Alpha snapped at Justin.

Justin said nothing. He just met the furious Alpha's gaze with his own steady stare. After a minute, the other Alpha flickered his gaze down and to the side. It was slight, but it was enough. Justin watched calmly as the other Alpha crumpled the piece of paper in his hand and stomped off to a seat in the waiting room.

"Thank you, Sir." came the soft lilting voice from the Omega. "With everything that's going on, I didn't want to call someone to help."

Her voice washed over him, warming the cold spots on his soul like the rays of the sun coming out from behind the clouds. He felt a shiver start at the base of his spine and travel to his shaft, and within a minute his cock was throbbing with lust for the tiny Omega in front of him. He forced himself not to react to his baser instincts. Instincts that called for him to clutch his Omega to his chest and mark her right here in the lobby of the police precinct. He must not have been able to completely hide his reaction to her because when he finally let his gaze travel up her body to meet with her shockingly blue eyes, she gave a quick inhale that him know she could see the heat in his gaze. Justin felt like his insides were going up in flames, and he idly wondered if his golden eyes had turned molten yellow.

"Mine." he growled.

"Sir, I - "

"Mine." he firmly said again, hearing his primal side preparing for the challenge of conquering and taming his Omega mate.

No sound this time, but her cerulean eyes showed her shock and dismay, and yes, her answering heat as they stared at each other.

So cliche, but time seemed to slow as they locked gazes. He felt his muscles tense and gather as he prepared to fight for his mate. He had had Alpha friends who had tried to describe the Claiming to him, but he had laughed it off. He was an Alpha - not a slave to biology - but this Omega in front of him had some beast inside him preparing to battle until his mark was on her. Everything that made her HER needed to be covered by him: his mark on her flesh, his seed painting her skin, her scent blended with his, his cock in her warm heat... her heart and soul surrounded and protected.

Justin held out his hand palm up and waited.

Blue eyes clashed with his golden gaze, and he watched as her pupils dilated so that it left only a thin blue line. Her hand tentatively rose to land softly on top of his. He could feel her trembling. Her scent was delicious to him, but the sour taint of fear tinged the air. Of course, she was scared. He was a stranger to her, but now he was her mate. She didn't know that he had longed for her for as long as he could remember. She didn't know that he was going to pamper and protect her until the day they passed to the next realm together. She didn't know all that, but she would.

He closed his fingers around her delicate, tiny hand, and whispered a quick thank you to his idiot brother and his friends for getting arrested on a guy's night out. His brother would just have to wait it out. He had other priorities now.