第五十六話 | 文化祭

It was October, meaning it was time for UA to prepare for another big school event.

"It's coming. The school festival," said Aizawa as soon as class started.

The class erupted into cheers of excitement.

"So awesome!!"

"Gotta love this time of year!"

"We gotta think of something cool to do!!"

"Hold on Mr. Aizawa! Are you sure this is okay?!" Kirishima asked, shooting up out of his seat.

"Hush Kirishima! Don't you ruin this!" Kaminari whisper-yelled.

"Think about it though! There are villains everywhere right now!"

"You're right, that's a reasonable point. However, there are students here besides those in the hero course. You get the spotlight every year at the sports fest. This is for everyone else. The support course, general studies, and don't forget the business course students. This doesn't get as much attention as the sports fest, but it's still the yearly event they all look forward to. Many of your peers are feeling stressed out by the current conditions here at UA. Especially the dorm system which had to be adopted because of the hero course."

"When you put it like that, guess it'd be unfair to cancel it..." Kirishima trailed off, sinking into his seat.

"Correct. So yeah, it's still on. And hopefully everyone will enjoy it. Though unlike festivals in the past, this one will only be open to UA students and staff, with a few exceptions. You may not be the focus this time, but your class still needs to participate with some kind of original programming. You need to decide what you want to do today..." Aizawa finished, falling asleep.

Iida and Momo stepped up to the front of the classroom, taking charge.

"Alright! As class representative, it is my duty to facilitate the process from here!! I promise I will do my very best! Let's start! First, we will have a quick brainstorming session!! If anyone has an idea raise your hand!!" Iida instructed, raising his own hand.

Everyone's hand shot up, people eagerly shouting "Me!!" "Me!!"

"Well! I wasn't expecting such enthusiasm!! Calm down now we'll go one at a time please! Yes, you Kaminari!"

"A maid cafe! Seriously, imagine it! Now imagine it again, but with more detail. And if you imagine it with me at the center of the action-oh yeah! I think we've already got a winner!"

"Maids...it is good to serve others..."

M*neta shot his hand up.

"That's way too tame!!"

"Mineta!"

"A topless-!!!"

Tsu was quick to cut him off, the rest of the girls mentally thanking her.

"A mochi shop!"

"Celebrating Japanese cuisine!"

"An arm wrestling match!"

"So intense!"

"A fun house!"

"I don't know what you mean but sounds interesting!"

"A crepery!"

"That'd be great for eating on the go!"

"Disco!"

"Sounds invigorating!"

"A hero quiz!"

"As I'd expect from you!"