第四十三話 | 白魔導士

"This is your base? Looks pretty unsanitary," the head of the Shie Hassaikai, Overhaul, scoffed next to Twice as the two walked up to said base.

"Huh? Like we'd show you where our main base is! This one's just a meeting place," Twice replied.

"Ridiculous. The air is practically made of dust here. It's gonna make me sick."

"Join the club, the guys inside have been sick for a while," Twice began, opening the door of the shed.

"Hey guys, I'm back!! And I brought that dude! He said he wanted to talk to you so here we are. He's quiet but pretty cool. He seems like a real creep."

Overhaul coughed.

"Well now, you brought us a pretty big catch, huh twice," said Shigaraki.

"You think so? Strange, coming from you, the league of villains," Overhaul spoke.

"What gives? Is this guy famous or something?" Asked Magna.

"My master showed me a picture of him. He's what you'd call Yakuza. The young head of the Shie Hassaikai. To what do we owe the pleasure?"

"He's the number two of the whole gang? Ooh I've never met anyone like him before! He smells so dangerous, how exciting!" Magna squealed.

"What's the deal? We're all criminals here so how is this guy different?" Toga wondered.

"Ah, allow me to tell you a story. In the past, there were many different scary troops that ran the underworld. After heroes began thriving though they slowly but surely began to disband. When All Might took the stage their era was over. The Yakuza survivors who weren't caught became rent-a-thugs for villain groups. In other words they were the lowest form of criminal, barely scraping by to make a living. Frankly, they're obsolete, an endangered species," Compress explained.

"Endangered species, huh? I guess that's true."

"Yeah what's a Yakuza thug from the slums doing here? Let me guess you're excited about All Might's retirement too?" Magna piped.

"It's good that he's gone, sure, but I'm more interested in All For One's absence. The dark emperor who ruled over the shadows. The old-timers always feared him, even after rumors of his death. Honestly though, most people my age thought he was an urban legend. You can imagine the shock when he showed up in the flesh. But in the end, the big bad was thrown into tartarus and the symbol of peace retired, which means those of us in the shadows and those in the light were both leaderless. So, who will step up to take their places?"

"You know who my master is but you've still got the nerve to ask that. Sounds like a challenge. I'm the next leader. Even now I'm gathering my troops. Our numbers continue to increase. With our combined power, I'll turn hero society to dust."

"You have an actual plan?" Overhaul questioned.

"Watch your tongue and your tone. I thought you came here to join up with us."

"A goal without a plan is just a wish. If that's what you're offering, why should I join you? What happens after you increase your forces? Do you have any idea how you'd even organize your league? You had the hero killer Stain at your side, Muscular, Moonfish, all first class game pieces, and you lost them. Maybe you just didn't know how to play the game. You can't even manage a few crazy people but you wanna build an army. What happens when that power spirals out of control? You need direction to achieve your goals, and I have a plan. I didn't come here today because I wanted to join you."

"You brought this idiot here without knowing his intentions, Twice."

"In order to execute my design I need money. Unfortunately there aren't many people looking to invest in some small time Yakuza. Now, your group on the other hand has widespread name recognition. Put yourself under me. Make me your new leader and I'll show you exactly how to use the right tools," Overhaul offered, holding out his gloved hand.