39. cornflower

"You seriously have nothing better to do than follow me around and make fun of me?" I grumbled walking around the empty library.

SERIOUSLY WHAT ARE YOU DOING

"You read?" Levi scoffed.

YES I DO STOP IGNORING MY QUESTIONS

"Is that really so surprising? What is a girl supposed to do when she's bored in a corner of the palace for 18 years."

"Clean."

"Sexist."

"Didn't you have social obligations?" Levi asked scanning the shelves for a book.

"Of course I did- I met you at one of those, remember?"

Worst night of my life -9043473924/10 stars.

"I meant tea parties and other stuffy bullshit but thanks for reminding me of that," Levi let out a long sigh.

"You tend to fly pretty under the radar when you're the thirteenth daughter and your mom is dead," my eyes landed on some corny romance novel.

Seriously why does he only have boring books about political philosophy :/

Levi get more bodice rippers <3333

Yes please

"Did you know her?" Levi's tone softened.

"No not really, why?" I asked, glancing over at him.

"Nothing, I just realized I don't know shit about you."

I WOULD BEG TO DIFFER BUT

"I'm not sad about it or anything if that's what you're worried about," I paused. "There isn't much to know about me- it's not like I've experienced very much."

If anything you're the mysterious one.

"You do a good job pretending like you have."

"WAS THAT A COMPLIMENT????"

"Fuck no."

"Whatever, I hate you." I flipped him off, continuing to browse, "I'm glad I fooled you though."

THEY CALL ME LIAR 3000

"You think you're fooling me?"

"PLEASE MR. SUPERIORITY COMPLEX- YOU JUST ADMITTED TO IT!"

SUCK IT UP IM GREAT

"I'm leaving."

"Coward."

"Do you hate your father?" Levi took a seat at one of the library tables instead of leaving.

THAT'S SO RANDOM

ALSO DONT ACT LIKE YOURE NOT JUST STAYING TO PROVE ME WRONG

NOT THAT I HATE THE COMPANY BUT

"Didn't you already ask me this question? It's not like my answer has changed- I don't know him." I joined him at the table, my stack of books in tow. "Wouldn't it be strange if he tried to be my parental figure? It's not like my mom meant anything to him to begin with."

ITS INCREDIBLY SAD NOW THAT I SAY IT OUTLOUD

"She hardly means anything to me. This?" I gestured around, "this is the first time people have really cared about me- so it's a little overwhelming honestly."

Levi stared at me in silence, thinking.

"Was I oversharing?" I began to backtrack.

Not that I've ever had a problem with that-

"Your childhood was fucked up," Levi stared at me incredulously.

WELL HEY! HE DIDN'T SAY THAT HE WAS ANNOYED!!!

"Of course it is! I'm an overachiever in every subject <33333"

"Really?" He smirked- "it doesn't show at all."

"YOU'RE AN AWFUL PERSON LEVI!"

"To think you were just talking about what a great husband I am downstairs," he teased, flicking my forearm lightly.

"I TAKE IT ALL BACK! THIS IS ABUSE!"

"Stop shouting in the library," he reprimanded.

"WHO'S GOING TO STOP ME! THIS IS MY HOUSE!"

"Me," he cut me off slapping his hand over my mouth.

Haven't we been in this position before?

Yeah but it was sexier back then because I didn't know how awful his personality was.

PREACH

"MMPSAJDKLSHAF" I tried to speak only to have my words muffled.

"Seriously you're way too loud- I'm trying to focus," he continued to scold, a hint of a smile on the edge of his lips.

HE'S ENJOYING THIS???

LET ME SPEAK PLEASE

CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT

"mmpsajdklshaf"

"Without all the screaming you might be a decent person."

HUH ???

THAT'S LIKE HALF MY PERSONALITY

TRUE

"I mean it- you're not a shit person to talk to when you've calmed down," he removed his hand from my mouth.

Is that a compliment?

"Thanks? I guess?"

"Do you like that author?" Levi brushed off my comment, his eyes wandering towards the spines of the books I had pulled out.

why does he always ??? just ignore the things he doesn't want to address ??

probably because he's rich

I should start doing that

"I mean your library lacks variety really, all you have are boring educational books when what you really need are romance novels <3"

Truly one of the only interesting things in this place.

"Why would I-" he trailed off.

"Research!"

I MEAN NOT 2 BE MEAN OR ANYTHING-

"You're so stupid," Levi started laughing.

"LOW HANGING FRUIT LEVI! GO BULLY SOMEONE ELSE!"

"I have a reputation to uphold," he continued to tease.

"NOW YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO MAKE ME MAD!"

"Maybe."

"STOP BEING SO RUDE- I'M GOING TO LEAVE YOU!"

THIS IS A PROMISE

"And go where?"

"I'll just marry Hanji screw you :/"

"Which one of us just gave a speech about upholding Ackerman family honor and other bullshit." Levi was just messing with me at this point.

TARGETED HARASSMENT

"Which one of us encouraged social warfare with the first princess???"

BC IT WASN'T ME <3

I WAS JUST CHILLING-

YEAH I WANTED 2 ENJOY THE GOOD LIFE AND THEN YOU TOLD ME I HAD TO FIGHT OTHER WOMEN :///

"Whoa I don't think I've ever seen anyone fight with Big Bro before!" A cheerful female voice interrupted our argument.

BIG BRO ?????

"For the last time brat stop using that shitty nickname." 

___________________

does your family celebrate thanks giving ? mine doesn't lol- but if you do what's your favorite thing 2 eat 4 thanksgiving ?