123. ixia

"I was worried that you weren't ever going to wake up," Levi greeted me downstairs the next morning, he sat at the dining room table reading the newspaper.

how domestic

"I was up all night waiting for someone it only makes sense," I shrugged, hugging him from behind. "Why did you get up so early?"

i was expecting to see you when i woke up

"Just checking to make sure that-" he paused, checking the room to make sure we were all alone, "that news of our argument hadn't spread."

oh

"And?"

"I think we're fine," he shot me a reassuring smile, "if it had made it back to the first princess she would've gone to the press about it immediately."

oh good

"Even if we were still upset with each other it wouldn't be a big deal- couples fight all the time- I'm sure the damage control wouldn't be that difficult."

we would just have to come out with an official announcement of some sort

"The world is still hung up on your pregnancy rumor," Levi teased, poking me in my side. "It's fine for now."

alright

"I'm sorry about yesterday," I muttered, resting my head on top of his, "we could've caused each other even more trouble, I wasn't thinking straight."

"We just had different priorities," he frowned slightly, "don't apologize, we're on the same page now right? It's not like I wasn't at fault."

im not clearing you of guilt i just-

i want you to know that i mean it

i want to make sure that you know that i care

"You know what I mean."

"Do I?" He looked at me, a shit-eating grin stretching across his features.

oh shut up

"I take back everything I said- I hate you- go back to being an asshole and locking yourself up in an office."

this happens every time we have a moment-

"Should I?"

"Yes please."

"If my wife hates me that much- I might as well," he shrugged nonchalantly, setting down the newspaper.

ok but don't actually someone is going to get the wrong idea-

I CAN'T BACK OUT NOW

HE'S CHALLENGING ME

"I heard from her directly that she's furious with you, you'd better go hide," I scowled down at him, before breaking into a wide smile.

i'm glad that things went back to normal so quickly

i hated fighting him- even if i had a legitimate reason to be angry with him

i never want to do that again

"Well shit- I guess my hands are tied then, thank you for warning me," he stood up from his seat- heading to the door.

NO WAIT COME BACK

WE HAVE SOMETHING TO DO TODAY

oh but it's so fun to just sit inside and play pretend like this

"Wa-"

"Oh I forgot something," Levi stopped in his tracks halfway to the door, he walked quickly back, leaning on the table towards me, our lips inches apart.

"Are you going to kiss me?"

"Am I?" He grinned, I could see myself reflected in his eyes, I shut mine in response, waiting.

kiss me

"I forgot the newspaper, I'll be going now," Levi chuckled.

OH YOU ASSHOLE

"Your wife is really mad now," I called after him.

"If she doesn't want me to leave she should chase after me."

HEY . LAST TIME I CHECKED I'M THE ONE WHO PROPOSED TO YOU....

YOU PUT IN MINIMAL EFFORT TO PURSUING ME

IT'S MY TURN TO BE DOTED ON AT EVERY POSSIBLE MOMENT

"Come back soon- we have to go to Historia," I called after him, sitting down in the place he was sitting moments ago.

how long was he down here?

I reached for the teacup that had been sitting in front of him, empty. The teapot was similarly barren.

he must really need to pee

i guess it's my turn to wait here

we really do need to go

"You were supposed to come running right after me," Levi returned mere moments later. "I'm beginning to think that my wife doesn't actually love me."

you would be criminally wrong

"Hey," I looked up from the teacup.

"Are you upset?" A look of worry flashed over his features.

"Did you wake up early and sit down here for hours because you thought I was going to be upset with you in the morning?"

"I wasn't sure if we had fully resolved things so-" Levi paused, meeting my gaze, "are you upset?"

well-

"My husband ran away without giving me a kiss."

evil man

"Shit husband you've got there."

"Tell me about it- we fought last night and everything."

"Maybe he just wanted back at you."

"Or maybe he's just evil."

"Is that so."

"It is- I'm heartbroken."

"Is there anything that I can do to make up for that bastard?"

oh i don't know is there?

"Hmm," I pretended to be deep in thought, "maybe a kiss?"

"As you wish," Levi leaned down, kissing my cheek.

no not there

"You tease," I frowned, pulling him in for a kiss. "You know what I meant."

"I can't believe you're cheating on your husband," Levi continued to tease.

what's got you in such a good mood?

"Well, he's a bastard, I'm only returning the favor."

"You have every right to."

"We should probably get going."

"Probably."

"One more?"

"One more."

____________________

i have a meeting for college so i might be a bit late responding to comments but congrats to whoever won the race for first <3

- ami