28. wisteria

"You've never been here before?" I asked, breaking the silence.

It's pretty.

"Why would I?" Levi looked disinterested after only a few minutes.

He seemed uncharacteristically excited earlier this is mega stinky

"Because it's right in your backyard?"

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE WORLD AROUND YOU ???

"I've been staying in the capital, even if I was living up here there wouldn't be a point," Levi sighed- glancing around idly.

He's bored.

"You don't like sightseeing?" I followed his gaze- the changing fall leaves, the sound of birds high up in the trees, the cold chill in the air.

It's all beautiful.

"It's cold," Levi shrugged.

You're right it doesn't get this cold in the capital.

"You're right- I don't think I've ever been this cold before," I blew on my hands to warm them up. "I've never seen this many trees before."

BUT ITS PRETTY DESPITE THE COLD

"If you're cold we should leave, we've been out long enough Kuchel will be happy," Levi turned to leave.

Why did he sound concerned for a second ???

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN LEAVE?? WE JUST GOT HERE- AND I WASN'T COMPLAINING IT'S NICE." I grabbed his wrist pulling him back with me.

I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO BE FRIENDS.

FRIENDS GO ON WALKS TOGETHER WITHOUT COMPLAINING.

COME ON COME ON

"You're the one who agreed to walk with me anyway- so don't turn back." I pouted continuing to drag him along behind me.

He's surprisingly willing-

"You like this?" Levi seemed genuinely surprised.

"You don't???"

It's really pretty.

"Fuck no- it's cold," he shuddered- his breath visible.

ITS NOT THAT BAD-

"Wimp."

"Fuck you."

"You didn't deny it-" I looked around in silence for a few moments before turning around to face him. "We can leave if you're cold."

Let's come back- in the spring.

"I thought you were enjoying the view?"

"The view is ruined when you complain," I teased, jabbing him in the side.

"We can stay if you want," Levi murmured under his breath.

Is he trying to be considerate?

"We can just come back when it's warmer," I shook my head, extending a hand to him. "Let's go."

Besides! I WANT TO TALK WITH HANJI AGAIN.

"If that's what you want," Levi brushed my hand aside walking back to the carriage.

WOW RUDE

I WAS TRYING TO BE CUTE

I think the issue here is that he's seen other sides of you and thus all cute things you do appear :////