THE LETTER G

Start from the beginning

Hermione gave me her gift to me, a nervous but excited smile on her face. "I hope you like it." She spoke quietly, bringing her hands to cup the sides of her face.

I smiled to her, before ripping the paper off and gently pulling the lid from the white box. I gasped lightly, looking in to see what seemed to be a light blue satin dress.

"Wow." Ginny sighed as I delicately picked up the thin spaghetti straps to look at the full length of the dress. It seemed tight fitted, a pleated hem at the bottom which would sit at my mid-thigh. It was gorgeous.

"I hope it isn't too much," Hermione spoke, "I'd noticed it in a shop window and thought you would look beautiful in it at the new year's party. It's so you Bella"

My eyes started to glass over and my lip quivered, holding back a small sob. Hermione knew me so well, and the dress was exactly my style. It looked awfully pricey, and I was so grateful that she picked me something which reminded her of me.

I leaned over to her instantly, squeezing my arms around her and whispering 'thank you' at least a million times over. She chuckled lightly, leaning her head into my neck and telling me she was glad I liked it.

"It's lovely Belle," Ginny beamed, "I'm going to go see in the boys are awake yet, I'm becoming rather impatient."

She headed off up the stairs as Hermione began picking up random pieces of wrapping paper from the floor and gather them into a pile at the side as I continued to stare at the dress.

Then, I quickly shook out of my daze, turning my attention to Hermione, "Shit- 'mione I always forgot- your gift, here." I slid her box to her, eagerly waiting for her to open it.

She looked at me with a nervous smile, before timidly peeling away to wrapping to expose a polaroid camera. The same polaroid camera she had gone on about all year. She always went on about how she loved candid pictures, and they always looked best when taken on a polaroid. I knew it was pricey but I couldn't help myself, I wanted to get her one.

Her lips immediately quivered, sighing as she shook her head in disbelief. "Belle-" she whispered shakily, staring at the box so hard, as if she thought if she blinked it would disappear.

"Before you say anything about how expensive it is," I pointed my finger at her jokily, "I wanted to get you this because I knew how much you would love it, the price is not important."

Her eyes were very watery at this point, her lips curling into a small smile as she held her arms out, wanting a hug. I chuckled, accepting her embrace and taking ahold of her tightly.

"Thank you Belle, I love you so much." She sighed.

"You're more than welcome 'mione. And I love you" I replied, squeezing her once more before pulling away.

We both took a deep breath, picking up our presents and moving them into separate piles. I then give Hermione another warm smile before taking the excess wrapping paper and heading over to the bin.

Just then, two pairs of footsteps boomed down the staircase, landing at the bottom with a thud. I spun around, seeing Fred and George looking in much better spirits than they did 20 minutes ago.

George hurried over to me, instantly scooping me up by my thighs and carrying me in the air. I gasped, laughing as he spun me in the air before lowering me gently.

"Mooorning," he cooed in his low morning voice, as cheeky smile on his face, "Merry Christmas darling."

"Merry Christmas," I bit back a smile, leaning up to peck his soft lips. Before I could pull away, George lingered at my mouth, stealing another longer kiss.