Chapter 58

The girls stare at Nayeon who is sitting on the couch with her face buried in her hands. Her body shakes with unshed tears and they don't know what to do.

Except Jihyo, who always has a good head on her shoulders.

"Why are you crying?" She pries her hands away gently and looks at the teary eyes of the older girl.

"Because I'm in love with her too." Nayeon stutters through her sobs.

It takes a moment for all the girls in the living room to process that information. There's a heavy silence for a while until Tzuyu drops to the floor, kicking her legs and holding her hands to her stomach as a laughter rips through her.

Dahyun frowns at the girl who's hiccuping as she tries to get a control over herself.

Nayeon stares at her with wide eyes in disbelief.

"Chaeyoungah, you didn't just get friend zoned by Mina, you got brozoned." Tzuyu snorts, pointing a finger at the girl who stares back at her, her gaze a mixture of amusement and irritation.

Momo tries not to laugh, but soon she's giggling away with Tzuyu.

"It doesn't matter." Chaeyoung chuckles as she pulls Jeongyeon to her side. "As long as I'm not brozoned by this one here."

Jeongyeon flushes brightly.

"It all makes sense now." Sana talks to herself. "Like when I saw them both lost in thoughts in Michaeng date spot, they were actually thinking about each other."

"Minayeon has been real all the time." Dahyun holds a hand to her heart, because back in their trainee days she always thought they'd make a cute couple, until they grew apart from each other.

Jihyo ignores them all and looks at Nayeon again with her unwavering glance. "Why are you crying?"

Momo wonders if Jihyo has a hearing problem. She is about to suggest a good list of clinics near their dorm when Jihyo interrupts, "No Momo, my ears are perfectly fine."

Momo steps back surprised how Jihyo just read her mind.

Tzuyu sniggers behind her hand at Momo's look of astonishment and fascination. Anyone who knows how a three year old's mind works wouldn't have a problem saying what's in her head.

"Why are you crying?" Jihyo pokes the older girl's chest. "Here's what we are going to do."

Nayeon glances up at her, her eyes red and puffy.

"Momo, you're going to call Mina and try and stop her from getting on that flight." Jihyo instructs in a clear voice.

She turns to look at Dahyun and states, "You're going to call a cab."

Dahyun begins to type a number on her phone and whispers covering the speaker with her hand. "On it."

Momo pouts as the call to Mina goes to a voicemail.

"Keep trying, Tzuyu call her mother in the meanwhile." Jihyo flickers her gaze between the pair on the floor.

Dahyun tells them the cab is going to arrive in seven minutes.

"You're not going to the airport dressed in a hoodie." Chaeyoung declares.

Nayeon wants to protest but before she could do any of it, Chaeyoung drags her to the bedroom pulling the Irish dance costume she wore for a shoot.

"Good choice, because I swear Mina was giving her the heart eyes when she was in that." Dahyun announces, giving Nayeon a once over herself.

"The cab is here." Jeongyeon pants for breath when she comes back running from the balcony.

Nayeon takes a deep breath and sighs. Jihyo smoothes down the collar of her shirt and pats her shoulder like a father would do before they get their kids married off.

"Shouldn't take more than fifteen minutes to get to the airport." She says with confidence. "You're going to bring her back home."

Nayeon looks unsure. "We aren't in a film. I don't think airport moments work for us because we're Twice."

Jihyo chuckles. "Exactly. We are Twice."

Nayeon tilts her head in confusion.

"We either live in stages or airports." Jihyo quirks her eyebrow as if to state her point. "Airports are our second home. We always have moments there."

Nayeon for the first time slowly breaks into a grin.

Momo looks at the girl running down the corridor and smiles to herself. She lets out a soft sigh and swoons dreamily.

"Go Jack. Go, get your Rose."