Chapter 25

Jeongyeon wolf whistles when Nayeon walks through the door after the scheduled appointment with her hairdresser. Nayeon picks a cushion off the couch and smacks her face with it.

"You look.. wow!" Momo holds a hand to her heart and sighs dramatically.

"Keep this hair and I might just ask you to marry me." Dahyun kisses her cheeks because even though Nayeon looks years younger having lost her extensions and now sports a shorter layered bob which barely touches her shoulder and has a tinge of burgundy hue to it, she looks undeniably hot and attractive.

"Ready to turn more straight girls gay for you Nayeonnie?" Sana winks at the blushing older girl.

"I can't wait to see what they've done with Mina, Chaeyoung and Jihyo." Dahyun claps excitedly. They're done with their next music video and this week is all about getting them a new look.

When Chaeyoung comes back with her hair bleached even more blonde than before and a big sulking face all of them hold in their laughter for the younger girl's sake. They know Chaeyoung is attractive in any hair, but despite what they think the younger girl feels the most confident and comfortable in her natural hair colour.

Jihyo's hair is not messed around much except for the layers, the side fringe and the dark tone it has gotten.

"I want to see what look Mina got." Jihyo declares and the doorbell rings as if to answer her wish.

Mina walks through the door and all the girls stop whatever they're doing to take in the vision before their eyes.

Tzuyu stares. Jihyo freezes. Chaeyoung swoons. Momo gapes. Jeongyeon drools. Dahyun stumbles. Sana melts.

Nayeon averts her eyes and dashes into the bathroom.

Mina's dark blonde tresses drapes down her delicate frame, curling at the end just past her chest. The soft glow of the hair gives her a halo that seems to dim the lights in the room. From under the long wavy hair, shines the eyes that are the color of liquid chocolate. Her soft velvety lips curve into a nervous smile as she looks around at the suddenly quiet room, anxious of the girls' reaction.

"So?"

"Have I died?"

Mina's perfectly shaped brows creases in confusion.

"Because this feels like heaven." Sana drops to her knees and gazes dreamily at the girl. "And you look like an angel."

Chaeyoung watches as not only the creamy smooth skin on Mina's cheeks, but her whole face turns red. Her ears are hidden behind the soft curls but she's sure they're as rosy as her face.

She clears her throat and licks her suddenly dry lips. When Mina catches her eyes, she's sure she's going to join Sana on the floor as well because her knees feel weak.

"So they gave Jeongyeon even longer hair and chopped off Nayeon's extensions huh." Jihyo chuckles and turns to look at where Nayeon is, only to find it oddly empty. "Where's Nayeon?"

"She was here seconds ago. Did someone kidnap her?" Momo's eyes widen as she looks at Tzuyu for reassurance.

Tzuyu lets out an exasperated sigh. "I just saw her go into the bathroom Momo. "

Dahyun chuckles behind her hand. "She'll give us all a whiplash if she keeps moving around this fast. It's like living with the Flash."

"Or a bunny." Jeongyeon adds.

Mina goes to the kitchen counter and is about to drop the bag of doughnuts she's picked up for the girls, but she stops like she's suddenly realized something and snaps her gaze back to Chaeyoung, a small smile forming on her lips.

"Your hair is lighter." She points out the obvious, making Sana giggle.

Chaeyoung slumps against the couch, her expression giving away all of her thoughts as usual. "I hate it."

Mina slants her head like she doesn't understand. "You look pretty."

It's not often the other girls get to see Chaeyoung blush. So when she turns shy and coy, a rosy color searing through her cheeks, they enjoy it while they can.

They argue if they are going to cook or order dinner because Jihyo and Sana like to cook. Tzuyu and Momo want takeaway. The other girls don't care. But the lack of cooking and washing up easily sways even Jihyo and Sana into ordering takeaway because they have an early morning shoot next day.

The girls sit around the counter, quietly chatting and discussing about their music video.

The take away dinner lays neatly arranged on the table in brown paper bags in their spotless kitchen.

Chaeyoung eats like a caveman, taking massive bites of her burger rather than cutting it. When Jeongyeon throws a crooked smile at her, she shows no signs of embarrassment, grins back at her and wipes her mouth on her sleeve shamelessly.

By her side, Mina nibbles on her food, graceful and elegant, taking measured bites, a vast contrast to Chaeyoung's Neanderthal and Jeongyeon thinks that it's true when they say opposites attracts.