Chapter 16

"It's our fifth day here already." Dahyun moans, the days pass by them too quickly for her liking. Then they'll have to be back in showbiz under the constant click of cameras. She loves her fans but the endless days and never ending work tires her out sometimes.

"Don't remind me. What are we doing today other than the scheduled lunch at the seafood restaurant?" Sana prods as she grabs another croissant from the breakfast table.

"I promised to take Momo for zip lining after lunch. Anybody wants to join?" Tzuyu speaks while chewing and Momo taps her head slightly signaling her to shut her mouth.

Everybody declines. Only Tzuyu and Momo would be up for zip lining right after eating.

"I'm going to see the coral reefs with Jeongyeon." Jihyo shrugs.

Sana and Dahyun agrees to go with them too.

"What are you doing Chaeyoungah?" Momo diverts her gaze to the younger girl who's leaning on Mina.

Chaeyoung's voice is unusually shy. "I'm taking Mina out on our date."

"Oooh, where are you guys going?" Jihyo's voice is eager.

"Its a surprise. I have the perfect evening planned for her." Chaeyoung bumps her shoulders with Mina who's gone awfully quiet.

"Look at Mina all quiet and shy. It's cute." Jeongyeon says wryly.

"Lay off them." Jihyo smacks her arm and turns to her side to look at Nayeon who is playing with her food and hasn't uttered a word yet. "What are you doing?"

She blinks as if in surprise, like she's waking from a dream. "Huh?!"

"Did you not hear a word we said?" Jeongyeon's eyebrows slant in confusion.

Nayeon looks around the kitchen startled. "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

Jeongyeon feels her heart squeeze a little. She misses the girl who slept peacefully last night , with all the weight she usually carries around off her shoulders.

"Sweetheart," Jeongyeon uses a term of endearment her mother used to call her when she was a child. "What are you doing after lunch? Do you want to go with us to see the corals?"

Nayeon bites her lips as a pensive look comes upon her face. She shakes her head after a while. "I think I'll go surfing. It's been a long time. "

"Have fun Unnie." Chaeyoung raises her glass of orange juice in toast.

"Don't have too much fun without us though." Momo pouts.

Mina's eyes settle on Nayeon for a fleeting second. Her voice is low, laced with warmth and concern. "You'll be safe. Right?!!"

Nayeon nods quietly as their eyes meet across the table in shared understanding. She turns to look at her side to the window. The ocean looks calm, contradicting the state of her mind. She doesn't feel safe in the company of her thoughts. She feels safer in the sea.

Waves don't scare her as much as her feelings does.

Chaeyoung watches Mina fondly as she excitedly waves at the pandas. She snaps a picture and mentally thanks Nayeon for this moment.

"Chaeyoungah, take her to the zoo first. She'd love the pandas. And then you're taking her to the water park. Don't forget to pack her swimsuit and a change of clothes for her. Take her to an ice cream parlour at the end of the night. Don't take a taxi, take the bus to the stop nearest to the villa and walk her home after that. It's going to rain tonight so take an umbrella."

When Chaeyoung tells her that the date doesn't sound very romantic, it's a bit childish, Nayeon waves her off with confidence.

"She didn't get to enjoy the simple things we did in our childhood Chaeyoungah."

Nayeon has seen the sad smile too many times on Mina's face when other members talk about their childhood. She knows Mina was trained to be a musician from an early age and even though she absolutely loves being a singer, she also misses having a regular childhood.

Chaeyoung thinks Nayeon could make millions being a professional mind reader. Because Mina is squealing and jumping into her arms giving her a tight hug when they arrive at the water slides.

After spending hours on the slides, playing in the water, sliding down the scariest rides, laughing with Chaeyoung and completely enjoying herself Mina reluctantly leaves the park when they announce the closing hours.

Mina flashes an endearing smile when Chaeyoung takes her to the icecream parlour. She looks adorable confused at all the different flavors available, she literally looks like a child in an icecream shop. Chaeyoung chuckles when Mina ends up putting at least ten of the flavors on her cone. It's fun to watch her try and eat it, because the icecream keeps running down her hands but Mina is having fun and Chaeyoung's heart is melting as fast the icecream in those delicate hands.

They wear hats and scarves and ride the bus and Mina swings along the poles like a little girl in the almost empty night bus.

When they reach the stop, it begins to rain. When Chaeyoung takes an umbrella from her backpack and walks Mina to the villa, Mina is completely astounded. She's too overwhelmed to speak. She doesn't know how to thank the younger girl for the beautiful day. So she takes Chaeyoung's hand in hers and squeezes it gently.

Chaeyoung doesn't let go even after they reach the house.