" Com'ere..." I say, pulling her closer to me. She ends up on my lap, straddling me.

" you know I love you right?"

" mhm...and I love you." she says, draping her arms over my shoulders. We settled in for a brief kiss before breaking apart.

" are you ready for this album release party? I know I am."

" Ah, you gonna pull up?"

" I have to...for Lance. But I want to....for you." she says, making me grin.

Hearing that made me feel good...especially coming from her. I just wishing that she would stop stringing Lance along with her, when it's clear as day that she's into me. I don't know what's stopping her. And I was over the idea of acting like the side nigga. When in all reality, I'm not that at all. Her actions have spoke way louder than her words, so I know for a fact that I wasn't the side. I mean, I didn't mind us being lowkey and all...but it's like she doesn't even act like that with me. I don't know....maybe I just to hear her say it.

But I knew for one thing that I wasn't in for playing this game too long...it was either gone have to be me or him.

____

July 31st, 2016
Ivory

" Baby, you ready to get going?"

" No, not quite. Give me 10 more minutes..." I say to Lance. I hear him sigh, which made me smirk. After fixing up my eyelashes, I adjusted my hair once more, as I fluffed it out a bit more.

Tonight was Cairo's official album release party. I was excited for him, knowing that this was really huge for him. He had a lot of people to prove wrong, and I believed that he was going to do just that with this album. It had all of the potential to greater and way more successful than his 1st one.

" Baby, are yo—damn girl." I seen Lance at the bathroom doorway through the mirror, looking at me in awe.

" What? You think it's too much makeup? I was trying to come out of my comfort zone an-"

" No...no baby. You look stunning. I'm nearly lost for words, really." he says, making me grin. The both of us were matching, as I had a black dress and he had an all black suit on. I look back into the mirror, seeing him as came behind me.

" You know babe....you look so good in this dress. It's almost to the point where I want you to take it off...and not wear it to the party."

" Why not? You don't want me to look good going to the party?"

" Nah, it's just that...I don't want any of the dudes with their eyes on you. You're mine, and they need to know that."

" And I'm sure this ring will remind them. I'm not going to change what I got on just because of how you feel. So what if they looking at me..." I respond.

I was a bit anxious, as I didn't know how he was going to react to me saying what I said....but I calmed myself down a bit as he started to laugh. He came back down near me, and planted a kiss on my cheek, still laughing.

" Imma let what you just said slide....cause I'm in a good mood, ight?" he says. He continues to laugh and such, and I felt myself kind of getting annoyed by him.